• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • 2 Perm bans because of VPN, lifted without penalty on second review

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Gnarfman, May 18, 2012.

1. Gnarfman

Gnarfman New Member

Hi,

this is nothing about that I got banned nor about do this or that to get unbanned.
      I just wanted to share a piece of info i gathered for myself.
      It happend to me on two different account that I catched a ban for exploiting the economy.
      And here is what I think what triggered the ban.
      I was using commonly known VPN services e.g. Cyberghost VPN pay account and that got me flagged.
      You might ask now how I could know this? Because Blizz told me twice that I was using some sort of Proxyservice a lot of "non legit" player use.
      If you want to get around this type of ban especially on accounts you bought from someone else, don't use a public vpn.
      I had to sent Blizz a copy of the ID of the guy I bought on account from and for my second account.
      If it's affordable for you setup a server with your own VPN and use that instead of public ones.
      I've switched to my own root server with OpenVPN now, using a dedicated IP for every account and got no problems.
      Might change at some point, but not yet :D

Just my experience :)

2. razer

razer New Member

I would also say dont use a popular service or a free one or CHEAP, if it sounds to cheap dont get it I use a dear one and its great for everything.