• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • 72 Hour Suspension (Again - 3rd one)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by r00t, May 16, 2011.

1. r00t

r00t New Member

1)Were you using Honorbuddy, Gatherbuddy or both on the account? Honorbuddy

2)If so, when was the last time?: 5 minutes ago

3)What profile were you using?: 60-70 horde quest profile with grind from about 68-70 in Netherstorm.

4)What combat class were you using? if None Just put Default then the Classname: Fpsware Hunter

5)What plugins are you using?: None

6)How many hours per day did you bot for?: 6-8

7)How many auctions per day did you have?: None

8)Did you Use Any Other Bots, Hacks, or Mods? No

9)Was your account involved in gold selling? No

10)EU or US realm? US

Was more than halfway through 69 and about to ding 70 in an hour and then BAM, disconnected. Standard password reset email followed by 72 hour suspension. Not a SOUL around in Netherstorm. I was in ecodome midrealm grinding the mobs in there. Started the bot this morning at 8am. Banned at 8:45 pm. So about 12 hours today. I've read from many people on this forum who have botted for 15-24 hours days on end with no ban. Is it really unsafe to bot 8-12 hours a day? I should mention this is the third separate account I have gotten a suspension on. Last account actually got perma banned, but I responded to the email and they reversed it. Not sure what else I can do to avoid this shit.

2. brad38125

brad38125 New Member

i haven't dealt with a ban using HB but the last bot i had was banned Because the bot didn't do anything but Grind. i don't know if doing the questing/ ab bot would help keep you from getting it banned. i use the suggestion from the forum of switching it up every 2 hours or so and i bot around my work schedule so it keeps it closer to what i would do in real life. Or i try to find to find a botting schedule which i guess would closer resemble the bell curve of what the average player does.

3. r00t

r00t New Member

Suspension reversed.

This is the second time I have done this.

My guess is that I triggered something after having botted over 12 hours without logout. This caused Blizzard to disconnect and suspend my account for review. I thought they had potentially found a way to detect HB, but I think they are going purely based on the assumption that player logged in > 10-12 hours without break = possible bot.

After I responded to their email, the suspension was immediately lifted. Again, this is the second time I have done this. I know there was no player report, as the area I was in had 0 people in zone and I hadn't seen a single player since Nagrand.

4. brad38125

brad38125 New Member

i wonder if they ban people on the assumption they are a bot and if you don't try to get it back then you must be guilty as charged

5. rooster71

rooster71 Member

Im sure Blizz are now banning first and see if you appeal and then instantly lift the ban.

This has happened to me ans dome friends, ban reversed in under 1 hour in all occasions.

6. justfortrade

justfortrade New Member

I want to know how many toons did you run with honnorbuddy at the same time? 3 or just only 1 toon?

7. moujoohoo

moujoohoo New Member

I bot 24/7, I only log off to sell on AH