• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • AltarBoy v1.0 - Priest CC (Shadow)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by spriestdev, Sep 26, 2011.

1. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

AltarBoy for Shadow Priests: Dragon Soul Edition

AltarBoy
      Dragon Soul Edition

CustomClass supporting End-game Raiding Shadow Priests
      Created and maintained by Spriestdev

Overview:
      CustomClass currently intended for level 85 Shadow Priests using LazyRaider.

Features:
      - Supports damage-dealing with Shadow Specialization in dungeons and raids at level 85 using Lazy Raider.
      - This CC was design for end game content with maximizing dps as the main priority.
      - Damage over Time rotation for boss fights and high-health pool mobs.
      - Multi-dotting support and automation.
      - Movement only DPS routine.
      - Alternate damage rotation for low-health mobs and situations in which DoTs should not be re-applied.
      - Mind Sear damage rotation channelling off the tank.
      - Intelligent clipping of Mind Flay and Mind Sear with user-modifiable lag allowance.
      - Automated targeting.
      - Pre-configured and user-controllable mob-specific behaviors.
      - Really pretty logging.
      - Pre-combat and in-combat buffing.
      - Intelligent use of item cooldowns (Engineering Tinkers and On-Use Trinkets).
      - A bunch of other stuff.
      - Switching from Inner Fire to Inner Will for run-speed increase when out-of-combat and in other situations.

Experimental Features:
      - Dispel and purge mechanics: Not in GUI, logic is largely untested.

Known Issues:
      - Log will sometimes report multiple casts of Vampiric Touch even though it was only cast once.
      - There is no auto-detection for Engineering Tinkers and On-Use Trinkets, enabling these in the configuration if they are not "usable" will cause errors and halt the CC.

Donations:
      We have elected not to accept donations. If you would like to support this project please feel free to show your appreciation by providing rep.

Thanks to:
      A great deal of the code found here has been inspired by the work created by other CustomClass developers including the very talented individuals responsible for ShamWoW, Singular, Dunatank's and others. If anyone feels that their intellectually property has been violated; please do not hesitate to contact us.

Disclaimer:
      This Custom Class was created as proof-of-concept that advanced behaviors in World of Warcraft can be accurately modeled to respond to virtually all situations that may be encountered by the Priest class. This is not intended for use on live World of Warcraft servers.

How to provide feedback:
      - To report an error, please provide a log and detailed description of any bugs you encounter. We're doing this in our spare time so please be respectful.
      - To provide feedback on intended behaviors like spell priority or how a target should be handled, it is preferred that a link justifying the change is included with your post. For example, a dicussion thread on ElitistJerks or Shadowpriest.com describing the mechanic and why it should be handled that way.

[HR][/HR]

Important Update (2012/01/19)

From this point on, only end-game raiding is supported. The low-level support and preliminary work we did with the Disciple stuff has been removed. This should still work okay at levels below 85, but use at your own peril.

Major changes in this release:
      - CHANGE: Targeting Options have been moved to the first tab in the UI for ease of use.
      - NEW: AutoShield option in the Buff tab. This will roll Power Word: Shield on you for heal-intensive fights like Heroic Morchok (or running with awful healers.) This is a DPS loss, but not as big of a DPS loss as being dead.
      - FIX: All focus targets are now considered acceptable targets. This is the fix for Dragon Soul mobs.
      - CHANGE: Mind Sear logic enhancements and clean-up.
      - CHANGE: Low-level and Discipline Support removed.

Installation Notes:
      - We have branched this release to preserve old features for anyone who wants to keep using them. If you are using this for raiding, please update you client (TortoiseSVN, etc.) to use the new SVN link below.
      - If you are using this for raiding in Dragon Soul, it is important that you do one of the following:
      - Overwrite your /utils/SpecialTargets.xml file with the one in the repository
      - Merge your current /utils/SpecialTargets.xml file with the one in the repository using a text editor​

[HR][/HR]

Download:
      SVN is available at: Altarboy - Dragon Soul Edition

hxxp://altarboy.googlecode.com/svn/branches/DragonSoul/Altarboy

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
      Unknown, Beast, Aibo and 5 others like this.
    2. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

Note: This is the old, deprecated version of Altarboy. It is not supported.

AltarBoy
      Version 1.0.1

CustomClass supporting Shadow Priests
      Created and maintained by Spriestdev

Overview:
      CustomClass currently intended for level 85 Shadow Priests using LazyRaider.

Features:
      - Supports damage-dealing with Shadow Specialization in dungeons and raids at level 85 using Lazy Raider.
      - This CC was design for end game content with maximizing dps as the main priority.
      - Damage over Time rotation for boss fights and high-health pool mobs.
      - Multi-dotting support and automation.
      - Movement only DPS routine.
      - Alternate damage rotation for low-health mobs and situations in which DoTs should not be re-applied.
      - Mind Sear damage rotation channelling off the tank.
      - Intelligent clipping of Mind Flay and Mind Sear with user-modifiable lag allowance.
      - Automated targeting.
      - Pre-configured and user-controllable mob-specific behaviors.
      - Really pretty logging.
      - Pre-combat and in-combat buffing.
      - Intelligent use of item cooldowns (Engineering Tinkers and On-Use Trinkets).
      - A bunch of other stuff.
      - Switching from Inner Fire to Inner Will for run-speed increase when out-of-combat and in other situations.

Experimental Features:
      - Dispel and purge mechanics: Not in GUI, logic is largely untested.

Known Issues:
      - Log will sometimes report multiple casts of Vampiric Touch even though it was only cast once.
      - There is no auto-detection for Engineering Tinkers and On-Use Trinkets, enabling these in the configuration if they are not "usable" will cause errors and halt the CC. (Working on it)

Donations:
      We have elected not to accept donations. If you would like to support this project please feel free to show your appreciation by providing rep.

Thanks to:
      A great deal of the code found here has been inspired by the work created by other CustomClass developers including the very talented individuals responsible for ShamWoW, Singular, Dunatank's and others. If anyone feels that their intellectually property has been violated; please do not hesitate to contact us.

Disclaimer:
      This Custom Class was created as proof-of-concept that advanced behaviors in World of Warcraft can be accurately modeled to respond to virtually all situations that may be encountered by the Priest class. This is not intended for use on live World of Warcraft servers.

How to provide feedback:
      - No further support will be provided for this build.

Download:
      SVN is available at: Altarboy - CustomClass Main Trunk

hxxp://altarboy.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Altarboy

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    3. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: My Class Config button does not work and the GUI will not open?
      A: Please ensure that AltarBoy has been downloaded to a folder named "Altarboy" within the "CustomClasses" folder in the Honorbuddy directory. Also, check and make sure that you have a subfolder named "utils" that contains 3 or more files.

Normal Rotation vs. Mind Spike Rotation

The following is an explanation of how we determine when to switch between the Normal (DoT-based) Rotation and the Mind Spike Rotation. I felt I should post it here so more people have an opportunity to see how this mechanic works as I think it could use more community input.

Two primary factors are at play here. The target's health and which DoT's are currently up.

Current Health

For health, we use the current health of the target (as opposed to the maximum/starting health). The reason for this is so that if a mob is about to die, we don't apply DoT's that will never have a chance to tick because the target is dead.

We calculate the number at which we start considering Mind Spike in three different ways. If the target's health is above this value, we *will* use the Normal Rotation. If the target's health is below this value, we *consider* using the Mind Spike rotation. Let's call this number the Mind Spike Threshold Value (MSTV from henceforth).

In Raid:
      (My Maximum Health * Raid Size) / 5
      Assuming 100k health and a 10-man raid, the MSTV would be 200k.
      Assuming 100k health and a 25-man raid, the MSTV would be 500k.

In Dungeon:
      My Maximum Health - (My Maximum Health / 4)
      Assuming 100k health, the MSTV would be 75k.

Solo:
      My Maximum Health - (My Maximum Health / 4)
      Assuming 100k health, the MSTV would be 75k.

Note: I did not realize the values for Dungeon and Solo were the same until just now and frankly, all of the values except for solo seem pretty low to me. Feedback and theorycraft on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

If the target's health falls below the value determine above, we next look at which DoT's are up on the target.

Active Damage Over Time Debuffs

If Devouring Plague is present the target, we use the Normal Rotation.
      If Vampiric Touch is missing, we use the Mind Spike Rotation.
      If Shadow Word: Pain is missing (or will fall off before a Mind Spike cast will finish), we use the Mind Spike Rotation.

So, pulling this altogether, let me give a few examples...

Examples

Shadow Priest in 10-man raid has 100,000 maximum health. (MSTV 200,000)

Target Health: 200,001
      DoT's: None.
      Rotation: Normal Rotation

Target Health: 199,999
      DoT's: Vampiric Touch OR Shadow Word: Pain only
      Rotation: Mind Spike Rotation

DoT's: Devouring Plague only

DoT's: Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch

DoT's: Shadow Word: Pain (has .5 seconds left) and Vampiric Touch
      Rotation: Mind Spike Rotation.

Clear as mud, right?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
    4. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

Reserved because Kickazz006 is awesome

5. xLegendx

xLegendx Active Member

Awesome man, Can't wait to see further improvements and updates!

6. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

Couple of last minute bugs I've found from last minute changes - should have known better. Fixing :)

7. Beast

Beast Member

File: Altarboy.CastManager.cs Line: 104 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.WoWSpell' does not contain a definition for 'CooldownTimeLeft' and no extension method 'CooldownTimeLeft' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.Logic.Combat.WoWSpell' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

not sure if this is part of the "last minute bugs" ... if it is disregard this

8. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

Ahh sorry you need the latest version of HonourBuddy to run this CC... the newest version isn't out on auto update yet. Please update your copy of HB.

9. mspazz

mspazz Member

Does this, or will this, support PvP?

10. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

Eventually that's the plan. This is my first CC so it was more of a learning experience. Once all the PVE stuff is ironed out fully I'll definitely add some PVP support

11. mspazz

mspazz Member

Cool.

I'm using this in heroics right now. Pretty decent. It sometimes casts Vampiric Touch twice in a row. Sometimes it will dot up then start a mindflay and in the middle of a mindflay go to cast Vampiric Touch. Just a few things I've noticed.

12. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

Thanks for your feedback. That doesn't seem to happen for me... Is it multidotted multiple targets? Also try adjusting the values in teh advanced to better suite your haste... But it shouldn't be doube casting.

13. Venus112

Venus112 New Member

When trying to debug a CC it is impossible without a log.
      Please post the log to better help Spriestdev improve this.
      Nice initiative

14. panYama

panYama Community Developer

are you using the Behaviour Tree in coding this CC, and will the main focus stay on end game or also leveling?

15. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

This CC is a behaviour tree CC. Right now it has a primary focus of end game raiding and maximizing dps. I've already started work on a levelling spec. And will post updates of the progress as I go. Any feedback (with logs) is much appreciated.

16. panYama

panYama Community Developer

seem like you will invest a proper amount of time into this, like to see more. Will test it when I have time today.

17. ceca

ceca New Member

im getting the same error

Code:
       Could not compile CC from C:\Users\User\Desktop\Honorbuddy\CustomClasses\Altarboy!
      File: Altarboy.CastManager.cs Line: 104 Error: "Styx.Logic.Combat.WoWSpell" enth?lt keine Definition f?r "CooldownTimeLeft", und es konnte keine Erweiterungsmethode "CooldownTimeLeft" gefunden werden, die ein erstes Argument vom Typ "Styx.Logic.Combat.WoWSpell" akzeptiert (Fehlt eine Using-Direktive oder ein Assemblyverweis?).    

18. Venus112

Venus112 New Member

Without a log, the only thing i can suggest you to do is to Download and run Honorbuddy 2.0.0.5387 [Test Version], which is what this CC is created for

"*This CC requires the latest version of Honourbuddy (not currently on auto update)"
      If this isnt the case, i suggest you post the full log

19. ceca

ceca New Member

yes this was the problem, i downloadet the testversion, now it functions ty

20. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

When I get home tonight I will see if I can add a check for the version of HB and display a more friendly error message.