• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Are there any routines with movement and/or facing switchable on demand?

Discussion in 'Combat Routines' started by Proto, May 21, 2015.

1. Proto

Proto New Member

Hi I'm new to Rebornbuddy having come from the very developed Honorbuddy and am having some trouble finding routines or plugins that enable movement when using Combat Asst base that disables all movement, targeting, auto attack, facing, etc.

When questing with the default RB routine using Combat Asst.. I find trouble constantly facing wrong way and sometimes even targeting manually after side-stepping or running away from mob area-of-effect (AOE) attacks.

I'd love to find a routine that handles facing only in most circumstances.. but some movement such as maintaining distance, would be nice as an optional switch in the routine settings. If you know of one, please advise.

Also does anyone have or know of a plugin that handles avoidance movement for the various AOE attacks? Side stepping cone, or rectangular AOE's, or running out of radial AOE's, for example.

Nice thing about Honorbuddy is the huge amount of development there. So many conveniences, that I find I miss terribly here with Rebornbuddy. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

First, congrats on being reborn! Is it still mandatory to use a bad joke to break the ice? Anyways... :p

I do not believe there are any that handle facing while disabling movement at this time. Might consider posting this as a suggestion in some of the CRs that you'd like to use.

While the database for spells is far from complete, you can give this a try:

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/rebornbuddy-forum/plugins/192498-zekken-avoid-telegraphed-attacks.html

3. Proto

Proto New Member

Oh Telegraphed attacks.. I'd never have linked that to avoidance.. but it does make sense. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction here :)

Thank you for letting me know that no routines exist with movement or facing. I'll make this suggestion in the specific routine thread after I've settled on one that works for me, and hope for the best. :)

much appreciated

4. newb23

newb23 Community Developer

Facing is already handled in the built in Combat Assist actually, if you open the raidbro.cs file, and scroll down to line 131, you will see this:
      Code:
      GameSettingsManager.FaceTargetOnAction = [COLOR=#ff0000]false[/COLOR];
      Change it to true, and the facing problem goes away for ya.

This edit can be made to any of the combat assist bases if you'd like, just look under the section called:

Code:
      public override void Start()
      in each base.

Good luck!

5. fakeangels3

fakeangels3 New Member

Came here to say what newb23 just did lol. Just to add; There is an option in game that let you face target when casting spell. ESC -> character settings -> target -> the 2nd option. If my memory serve me right. Doing what newb23 says just activate said option everytime you use combatassist, so no worries you will look inhuman or anything :))

6. newb23

Just to clarify, you only have to set that to true when the bot itself is updated. Otherwise it will stay changed. :p

7. Endus

Endus Community Developer

Just be aware. If you enable it for Combat Assist it will make it difficult to run out of AoEs (if you try to turn around and run away, Combat Assist will face you back towards the boss/AoE to try to keep casting). That's the reason it's usually just enabled for stuff like Fatebot and the likes. :)

8. newb23

While this is true, you should also make sure you set your camera to "Legacy Type" as shown in the following photo. It will allow to you run in any direction, rather than backing away slow-like when trying to maneuver in a backwards direction.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    9. Exmortem

Exmortem Community Developer

Code:
      [COLOR=#333333]GameSettingsManager.FaceTargetOnAction = [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]false[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333];[/COLOR]

All this does is change the game setting, it doesn't actually do anything with the CR. In character settings -> target, there's a setting to automatically face your target when you cast. Setting this to true will enable facing on actions in the game anytime you start Combat Assist, so if you don't want it to face, then leave it the way it is. The reason Combat Assist sets this to false is so that you retain full control of your character.

So to answer the OP's question about facing, don't alter your combat assist. If you want it to automatically face, then there's a setting built into the game for that. I don't know of any CRs which offer auto movement toggles at the moment.

10. newb23

If I do not set that to true, or remove it from the botbase altogether, I have ridiculous problems with "target not in range" errors in game and not having my character auto-face the target, even though the in game option is still ticked to Face Target Automatically.

There have been a couple of threads in the past that have expressed the same concerns as well. This is a matter of QoL improvement, and while you are correct in that it does not do anything with a CR, it does do something at a more base level, and it's a change that works. Every time that the Combat Assist is started from a fresh bot re-load, you would have to un-tick and re-tick the facing option in-game, or, you could remove that statement, or do what I did and set it to true, and not ever have that issue again. At least until the bot is updated again and the statement is re-added/changed back to false.

EDIT:
      Threads with the issue I described above:

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/rebornbuddy-forum/rebornbuddy-support/210236-auto-bug.html

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/rebor...8-combat-assit-kupo-automatically-target.html

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/rebor...s/155220-magitek-post1646457.html#post1646457

11. Proto

Proto New Member

Wow everyone, thank you very much for all this information. Every bit of it is useful to me. I may opt to change the base setting as I usually strafe to avoid instead of turn to run. However I will be cautious of your concerns. Thanks again all :)