• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Auto-Questing/upgrading?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by sxowe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. sxowe

sxowe New Member

There any profiles/plugins that make a new character progress through the story-line, whilst upgrading gear as it goes on? I've looked, and don't really see anything that does this.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    2. ceyco

ceyco New Member

3. WhereIsMyMind

WhereIsMyMind Member

You will see in that plugin settings a checkbox, far right of the plugins settings window, to upgrade gear. Try it. I do not know if it works.

wimm

4. Darox

Darox Member

As far as I know it is not implimented yet. Would be a big pain as different builds required different stats for different things. Then different Stat requirements for skills etc as well. Might be better to have a auto equip only for flasks first. or equip this Bow in this inventory slot when this level. As opposed to a dynamic one.

5. Infinite Monkeys

Infinite Monkeys Community Developer

Easiest way would probably be to make the character equip it then see how tooltip dps, health, resists, armour, dodge etc. are affected. Probably simpler than trying to work out the relative values of each affix on each item directly.

6. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

For those familiar with coding, auto-equipping works with weightings.
      Each stat is equal to a score, e.g. :

So, an equipped item with 100ES, +72 Max Life & +12 Max Mana will score like this :

Code:
      ((100*5)+(72*10)+(-10*12)) = 1100
      So if a piece of gear you drop have a score higher than 1100 using the same calculation, it'll be equipped. but it has to be based on priorities, e.g. if ES is higher but life is lower, it shouldn't equip it since MaxLife have higher weighting.

Now that you know the auto-equip basics, you can probably think deeper about this system, and someone will try to do it in a month or so ;)

PS: the fact EB works with "Profiles" that you can setup for each character makes the weighting individual for each char/build, and it's a good point, but will EB keep this method for the A4 coming? wait&see

7. Infinite Monkeys

Infinite Monkeys Community Developer

Yeah that's the most robust way of doing it, but I was just thinking of the simplest way to make it somewhat functional - stat weighting would be a pain in the ass to code I'd imagine as each of the dozens of stats would need weights, and testing/maths would be required to work out reasonable ranges for those weights. I think my idea could be whipped together pretty quickly and would only really need to check tooltip dps, health, ES, and resists to be somewhat functional.

8. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

When you deal with gear in PoE, nothing is "somewhat functional". It's the base of an h&s game, and having XXXXX setups & workarounds for each class/build with a "somewhat idea" would be even longer to code.

PS: It would be even easier to have file weightings, using a parser you could just import everything instantly