• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Beta?

Discussion in 'Hearthbuddy Forum' started by Luminexi, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Luminexi

Luminexi New Member

It acts more like an Alpha version. Very basic, doesn't ever win, gets hung up a ton. Disappointed that you're requiring a payment option for this version.

2. Int3

Int3 New Member

It's basic - yes, but knowing their work on bots for other Blizzard games I feel the safest with this one. They have a lot of experience with dealing with Warden and detections. No one knows Blizzard in that regard like they do. The bot is going to become amazing as time goes on, especially after they release the API. Look at the community they have here.. it's ridiculous. A big community is great for a bot that lets users write their own logic. I'm stoked to see what will come out of this project.

With all that said, despite the bot being in its infant stages, the lifetime purchase option was a no-brainer for me!! Purchase one yourself and be patient - this will get pretty dope pretty fast!!

3. AutomaticCoding

AutomaticCoding Banned

I fear the issue with a game like this is that logic will be insanely hard to develop, this isn't chess, there's no definite X is better than Y, you're going to have to generalize lots of cards, then, add special exceptions to certain cards, but, for each special exception, you're going to have to make ten more exceptions for other cards when played with this card, and, so on. On top of that, if you're playing in any sort of skilled environment (<=20 ranked, or, the arena), then, you're also going to want to take into account the chance of your draw order, for instance, you may have card X that combos with card type Y, you don't have card type Y, but, knowing your deck contains Z amount of card type Y, there's a J percentage chance you'll draw it, and, you'll have to make a decision based on that.

Over all, seems extremely complicated, don't get me wrong, I've also purchased a lifetime subscription, purely because I love the other two bots I purchased here (Although, stopped using them, due to me switching over to GW2 from WoW (No idea why TheBuddyTeam stopped development for their GW2 bot, I'd totally buy it if it were out now), and, Blizzard removing my Diablo 3 licence (Payment issues)), but, I feel like a fully logical bot is far, far, away, and not something we'll be getting this month, or, hell, this year, if, at all.

EDIT:- That being said, I do agree we'll make leaps and bounds at the start, but, it'll very quickly slow down once we have moderately good logic, which, I don't really think so too hard to acquire (Basically current logic (With a few tweaks, of course, current trading implementing is under-par, doesn't trade obviously positive trades) and a couple hundred card exceptions), at which point it'll be very usable in casual & low-skill (high index) ranked, which, I feel is probably where the developers want the bot to be located at.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    4. Int3

Int3 New Member

A fully logical bot is not something I think should be done. Like you said, that's extremely complicated. I don't think it needs to be that at all, although I am curious to see how much the community and the developers can accomplish regardless. Maybe this is just for me, but I think a HS bot is just here to grind out quests and gold and other achievements - which is what I want to use it for anyway! I don't expect it to rank for me, I can do that playing on my own.

If a bot can pull off any win rate > 50% @ rank 20 that's perfectly fine for me! I am actually in to just using it to get golden heroes anyway. I'm a sucker for that cosmetic stuff and I'm in to HS immensely (it really sucked me in beginning in October).

Anyway, my point is that as long as it can grind out some gold and ranked wins semi-decently overnight that'll be all I ever want. Maybe others feel differently and want it to become greater than that, I don't know.

5. kelu

kelu New Member

Well about the rankeds, I'm actually right now at 17 rank with win rate something around 50% with simple hunter (mostly basic cards) :) I was really surprised it did that well. Of course I don't expect it to go legendary but I'm satisfied with how it works right now. Sucks it works so bad with other classes than paladin and hunter, but I didn't expect much anyway.

I'm waiting for API and I will try to do some other cool stuff with the bot myself then :)

6. AutomaticCoding

AutomaticCoding Banned

Remember to source your projects here, I'll also be giving a shot for sure, but, I'm really baffled as to how to properly develop logic for such a game as Hearthstone, so, I'd love to see some other people's implementation of logic.

7. kelu

kelu New Member

We will see what the API actually will let us do ;)

And I have another project on mind (slightly bigger) which I want to do with the API but I won't tell you just yet cuz it will be something public :p I will surely share when I'm done