• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Can you make any money at all off of botting at this point?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by tomit12, Nov 27, 2012.

1. tomit12

tomit12 Member

Greetings!

Basically the thread title. I have a small pension from my old job that pays my bills, and I've decided to (even at my old age) go to college, which I'm a year into at this point.

I've been looking for ways to raise, basically, a little extra grocery money... MAYBE $100-$200 a month. I have a couple of accounts that I have been botting on since the early wowglider days, and I've never been banned, though I usually don't bot without watching it, and I've never tried to make a little extra scratch out of it.

So... yeah. Is it possible, selling gold, leveling and selling characters or otherwise to put even a small amount of money in your pocket? Obviously I'm exploring many options for getting a little grocery money, but figured I'd ask here to see if that was something I could do with HB.

2. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

This thread again..

please use search, I'm tired of seeing the same thread over and over clutter up the buddyforum.

3. tomit12

tomit12 Member

I did. Since you didn't read past the title, I'd suggest you do so.

My request is very specific. Also, things change in regards to botting literally month to month.

I'm looking to see if a very specific need can be met, as things stand now. I'm sorry if seeing this thread brings you to tears; perhaps one of those many other threads (that clearly aren't also clutter) might interest you.

4. cg1203im

cg1203im New Member

i am more tired of "search the forum yaddayadda", than of a well asked question. even this question is maybe answered already.

in short words, tomit 12:
      it is possible. and 100$ isn't even hard to get. there are many ways of botting that can give you 100-200$ a month, some ways are easy, but probably require an initial investment . others may be harder, but you have to invest less. A Forum search will help a little. Many people asked your question already, but a answer wont be easy to find, cos most people will answer stuff like Ratz241 did.

anyway, yes it is possible, good luck on your search

5. tomit12

tomit12 Member

That's been part of the problem. Either the information is old enough that it is irrelevant (looking at threads on search brings up threads within weeks of each other with the same people saying gold is going well, and gold is shit), or you have to wade through pages and pages of replies all like Ratz241's, which I'm sure he feels good about, but just makes his 'just search' suggestion even less viable.

Edit - I should probably add, I'm not even asking for a guide on how to make money, just is my request still possible, and what would be the most viable basic method, ie selling gold or accounts. How I go about doing either of those I'll figure out, I just simply want to know what the possibilities are.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    6. Broseph

Broseph New Member

7. soulravager

soulravager Active Member

I make close to $1000 per month from botting one account. I sell most to chinese sites, but a few times per month guildies and other friends buys 10-50k.

What I do is simply farm raw materials, and shuffle.
      Edit: this I did up until about 2 weeks ago, when my bot accounts were banned. Now I started a new one, and made ~75k since the 22th.
      Thats 75k in 5 days, but I spent the first day to skill it, and haven't been botting 24/7, making new contacts for sale.
      I think per month this will make me 750-1000k.

8. tomit12

tomit12 Member

So, basically the consensus is using my tradeskilling army to make gold like normal, then sell the gold, rather than selling accounts? Fresh 90's not worth all that much I take it?

Edit - I'm thinking, in that case, I'll need a 3rd account with different info for my farming needs... Probably a constant 4th backup being leveled for when that one gets banned. If I can eek out just a couple hundred bucks in an entire month, I'll be ecstatic.

9. soulravager

I'm not sure what you mean.
      Level 90s dont sell for much, you could easily make that $ in a few days botting.

10. tomit12

tomit12 Member

That's good to hear, though I don't plan on being greedy, or hoping to turn this into home based corporation that eventually sells stocks.

If I can eventually get to the point where I can use a few accounts to cover a little food money, I'll be more than happy with that. :)

11. tomit12

tomit12 Member

Indeed, I know when most people ask this question on the forum, their desire is to replace their day job. I have zero intention of turning it into some form of reliable income, or replacing a job with it. :D To be honest, I don't want to put that much effort into it. If I can mostly have my computer put even a little bit of food money in my hands, that's all I hope for and want. :)

12. soulravager

You can go with 1 account and shuffle (you have to take 30 mins of your life per day), or you can go with 3 accounts and farm raw materials and make same amount. kinda.

One stack of Ghost Iron Ore sells for 35g on my realm.
      Prospecting one stack of Ghost Iron Ore gives usually 2 gems, sometimes more sometimes less.
      Assume you get 1 orange or 1 green gem per stack, those are 100-300g on my realm.

Edit: it takes time to prospect 500 stacks, cut gems, place them on ah and work with the undercutting.

13. Lady Rainicorn

Lady Rainicorn New Member

You aren't taking into account that the supply from anything more than you're offering will quickly and continuously outpace your server's demand.
      Shuffling yourself will help slightly, but even accounting for your day of skilling, that's only 562.5k per month.
      That's going to be $250~ if you're selling to the chinese. Adding more accounts will give diminishing returns as you push closer and closer to your server's demand limit.

You never made $1000 from one account, not even if you hit 1000k/mo is that $500 selling to the chinese from cata forward, it's not even close to $1000.

14. tomit12

tomit12 Member

I guess that would mean I need to get around to levelling my Priest's JC past 525. :p Once I do that, and my rogue's 525 inscription, I'll have every tradeskill at 600. I used to do that primarily just so I could be my own main's supplier. I guess it's time to turn all of that effort and gold spent into something at least a little more productive. :)

15. soulravager

That was my other account that got banned two weeks ago. now I've made 75k gold on 5 days.
      edit: which isn't much with 75k, now I have started a new server (better sell prices) and will see how this works out.

16. tinton

tinton Member

I charged my friend $85 to level his character from 85-90 with 280% flying skill. Online websites were charging $100-125 for similar services. I did it in 2.5 days (not game time, but actual days) with questing bot. Easy money.

17. soulravager

Yea, charging your friend to bot? gj...

18. Aroxan

Aroxan Banned

I've invested time and money, and it will only keep requiring time and money, remember.

19. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

Buy all the new things you need with Gold. Expand your business with Gold or current paypal balance off sales.

20. Aerie

Aerie New Member

I can highly rec having backups. I have 3 accounts, 1 is my main account which I never use HB on. The next which was banned last night was my primary farmer over the past month I've made around ~300k. I have a 3rd which I usually just leveled toons on etc but now will become my primary until I get another account/finish my appeal.