• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Cannot afk bot ...come home to it standing in one spot 7/7 days now

Discussion in 'Archives' started by buian01, Oct 5, 2012.

1. buian01

buian01 New Member

As title says, my bot (even though I have Giles unstucker checked) after a run or two will stop in place. The Demon Buddy log just reads 'Grid Segmentation Resetting". My character does warcries in place and makes no attempts to move. The bot does not restart the profile or anything.

Is this a problem with the Trinity plugin, or with DB itself? I'm very confused right now, and bummed out because I can't bot successfully. Any help on the matter, or advice from people who have experienced the same thing would be greatly appreciated.

2. GilesSmith

GilesSmith New Member

That sounds exactly like an issue with DemonBuddy, or the profiles you run - particularly if you haven't got DemonBuddy up-to-date, this problem happened quite frequently in some of the more recent Db releases.

Be sure to update to the NEWEST DemonBuddy version (it fixes some of these), and update your profiles to the latest versions (check Ciggarc - Index ).

3. packetloss

packetloss New Member

I think it can also be caused by NAV server issues. I had this happen to me today and when I checked the log I saw a bunch of errors connecting to the NAV server and apparently DB craps out after enough failed attempts.

4. buian01

buian01 New Member

Thanks for the responses guys

5. Gary7

Gary7 Banned

I had noticed this as well, don't think it was a NAV issue because 5 other bots (246 & 1.5.2.2) were unaffected. What would happen is if the bot dies, when it respawns it would just stand there. Whether at a way point or check point, I saw it a happen couple of times. The unstucker did not kick in because he was not stuck. Maybe he was tired form all the running around and fell asleep :p I thought it was a DB thing because I had upgraded to 259 at the same time. So I want back to 246 but it did the same thing. Rolled back to 1.5.2.2 and have not seen it since. Testing with 1.5.2.2 and 259 now.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    6. GilesSmith

GilesSmith New Member

That still sounds like a random b0rk by either the profile manager and/or DB (failing to actually "start" running a profile after loading).

I can't see it being Trinity at all - but a very simple way of determining this is to enable "Debugging Status bar" in the Advanced tab of Trinity config - so the status bar in the bottom of the DB window is updated by Trinity if Trinity is trying to do anything (eg trying to attack, buff, loot, chase a shrine, anything). If the status bar remains on a "moveto" tag then it's DB/profile manager at fault. If the status bar stays stuck on a "[GilesTrinity] <doing something>" message, then post it up.

But be sure to try with Trinity v1.6.