• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Caught Botting by Guild Leader, now what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Bot, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Bot

Bot New Member

Been on a streak of bad luck. Lost my main. Appeal failed.

Now, caught by guild leader. Won't stop PMing me "Are you botting?"

Had like 50 PMs of it overnight. If I don't answer, it should be obvious.

2. zavis

zavis New Member

If you trush her. Tell her that you are botting. If not. Tell her you dont. and change name and leave the guild

3. Illussionary

Illussionary New Member

Option 1:

Deny it and make up an excuse

Option 2:

Admit to it and ask if he reported you, a lot of times if someone is whispering you about botting they don't actually report you.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
    4. gimik

gimik New Member

Same exact thing happened to me, the guild leader kicked me outa guild but i talked to him and he just told me to stop and reinvited me.

5. Mezmez

Mezmez New Member

Just tell him: Do you want to scam me? if so i'll report you!

6. lickalime

lickalime New Member

alot of times if someone is interested in weither your botting or not there scared to bot and end up buying gold :/

7. I3ig Al

I3ig Al New Member

I told my guild leader straight up that i bot before i joined the guild and asked if that would be a problem, fortunately my guild leader is awesome and just told me to keep it to myself.

i think your best option is to come clean, and perhaps move the character you bot on to a bank alt guild.

8. Silvera

Silvera Member

I agree with that you should tell your guildleader clean that you're botting. He/she most likely suspects, so regardless of what you reply it wont change his/her mind i think. So, I would come clean and tell your leader that you're botting. If it's a problem, change name and leave the guild :)

9. Illussionary

Illussionary New Member

My guild basically follows the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to botting

10. patto92

patto92 Community Developer

the officers in my guild asked me to bot .. LOL, well, to bring all my bots into their guild.. their the server first guild on a US realm.. They love it for the achieves and very cheap herbs :D :p

11. confuego

confuego New Member

I got blackmailed by someone on my server for botting. I was like fuck you I'm not paying you 50k to get off my dick. I'll just make anew account.;)

12. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

best thing to do is let them know that yes you are botting.

if they approve, great.

if not, and they report you, do some quests and stay off the acct for a bit

13. Bot

Bot New Member

The guild leader seems to approve but its like botting is some phenomenon to him. He keeps asking me questions. Whenever I don't respond (because I'm botting), he thinks its because I don't understand English. He then asks a friend to translate him some lines into Chinese.

Do people really think that all botters are Chinese gold farmers who actually farm the gold by hand? There is no country with a cost of living low enough for one to make a living farming ONE account by HAND.

14. lepton17

lepton17 New Member

Ignorance is great, huh?

15. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

if you've been caught by guild mate there is very little you can do. You can either lie and say you weren't, and stick to that story. Or, you can admit it (not something I would recommend doing online) and tell them why you are doing it; achievements, earn gold,etc.

Have you considered making your own guild?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
    16. gimik

gimik New Member

If you do admit botting, if you haven't already which it seems you have, i wouldn't do it online because that's kind of sketchy as blizzard is tricky and who knows if they record convo's after key words have been said (botting, selling gold, etc)

Also if you aren't in the guild for gear or anything like that, i highly suggest creating your own guild and buying some guild vault tabs as it is a great storage method!

17. Bot

Bot New Member

You're the ignorant one if you picture China to be a bunch of people scavenging for food on the floor.

And if you're talking about one of the most underdeveloped countries in the world, chances are, they won't even accept the currency. You think a country like North Korea would recognize foreign currency? Chances are, they won't even have bank accounts to wire their PayPal money over.

If the country has both, a viable Internet connection that allows you to connect to UNITED STATES SERVERS without disconnecting all of the time and established banks, then the money earned from farming ONE ACCOUNT by HAND will not be enough.

You earn a maximum of 2k gold per hour. That's $1.60 per hour. Minus costs (electricity, computer hardware failures, playtime fees, bans), we'll say its $1.00 per hour. The person, non-stop, farms for 10 hours. That's $10 a day. You're saying $10 a day is enough to pay for necessities (and probably, feed a family) in a civilized nation?

Learn your shit before you speak.

18. cowdude

cowdude Active Member

I got caught too. Basically talked to him and spent a few hours playing with him while chatting. I eventually sold some of his gold. Everyone's happy, end of the story.

19. Funtimes

Funtimes New Member

My guild stopped having a problem with my botting once I was donating mats to the bank. I helped people with trades skills or even picked up peoples potions and stuff for no cost. I was actually happy to do it, no black mail involved. It made me feel "better" about botting, because 20 + other people could go about their day and have fun in wow, instead of slaving just to raid the next evening.

My current guild, a few of them must know I bot lol, when you got 6 characters in 6 different areas ;P or battlegrounds -- I imagine it's not hard to figure that shit out lol.

20. fasteddie78

fasteddie78 New Member

You learn your shit before you speak. In countries such as the Phillipines people work in very hazardous jobs to earn $25/week and apparently you believe the cost of living is the same everywhere in the world??