• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Combat bot doesnt work

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Support' started by Alexi, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Alexi

Alexi New Member

Hi I have been trying to use the grinding bot to lvl,when i start the bot it targets and kills 1-3 mobs then it only targets them but never attacks,anyone know what the problem is? i have tried with both original and magitek all in one.

2. Klacid

Klacid Member

Post a log? Attach it from your logs folder inside the rebornbuddy folder.

3. TheDudinou

TheDudinou Member

What class are you grinding with ?

I had a similar problem at some point.

I think my problem was related to the parameter of the "pulling distance". English is not my mother tongue, so it's easier to for me to explain with an example :

-When levelling my monk, the pull/engage (can't remember the exact name of the parameter) range was set for close combat. So the bot would kill the mob, then target next one, and go to it no matter what.

- Grinding with bard. Pull/engage range was set to 20 or 25. So the bot would kill current mob, target the next one and do nothing if it was under that range. Then if the mob moves outside the set distance, it would attack when the mob is at that 20/25 range but if the target doesn't move, or stays inside that 20 yalms distance, it would still do nothing. I tried changing the pull range to less than 5, and then it works flawlessly.

End of example.

It's just a bit suspicious to see a bard going melee to engage a mob, but hey, nothing is perfect and I still got my xp so who cares.

I am led to think, although I can't be certain as I'm no programer, that the bot thinks that way :
      - if target is further than XX yalms, then move to 20 and start shooting.
      - if target is closer than XX yalms, then the bot has no idea what it has to do.

(*) It can also be that I'm an idiot and didn't understand how this whole thing works, or that there was a parameter I didn't see, or that I don't use the parameter/bot correctly. Truth to tell, it's probably that anyway.

Does anyone fel the same ?

I have no idea if this whole range thing depends from Kupo and Magitek, or from the bot itself.

I see four ways to react to that if I'm correct in my assumption :
      - Set closer range and don't bother, it's no big deal.
      - tell the bot that if the range is closer than the set range, attack anyway
      - tell the bot to go back a little if the range is shorter than the set parameter, although that might lead to other troubles of positioning / beeing stuck/ or if the bot can't go behind (wall/cliff).
      - Ignore what I just posted because of (*) (although I would appreciate someone pointing out what I failed to understand)

4. Alexi

Alexi New Member

im using black mage,and i've noticed that i i manually turn my character around to face the mob the bot has targeted it does attack,and when the mob is dead it targets another mob and if that mob isnt in the direction the character is facing then the bot does nothing again.
      I tried to change the pull range but that didnt help.

5. Earthsiege

Earthsiege New Member

Actually, this is the same issue I'm having as well. When starting a run in "grinding" mode, it'll path until it finds a mob and kill that one, then will target a mob that is behind the character, and will not attack, as you aren't facing the mob. As soon as I manually turn the camera, the bot will begin attacking the newly targeted mob. Oddly enough, it seems to work fine with mobs that aggro to you.

6. Alexi

Alexi New Member

anyone have any idea how to fix this?

7. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

As the first reply said. You need to post a log.

8. Alexi

Alexi New Member

here you go

Attached Files:

9. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

Can you post one where it happens when using kupo?