• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Diary] Hunter Project

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by sraeg, Jul 16, 2012.

1. sraeg

sraeg New Member

Hi guys,

Another diary, though I intend to update mine upto 85 and well beyond.

I intend to level a Human Hunter on a high population EU PvP realm, for use in RBGs as well as to experience leading them. I have several other toons on this realm with my main being a shadow priest which unfortunately is not a class often demanded for RBGs.

So, a quick precis of the starting information:

Day #1
      So I started this bot at around 2am last night, watched it's first 5 levels and then nodded off to sleep. I woke up to find it stuck on the following quest at level 22:
      I turned the bot off, got the key, moved out of the way and turned it back on again. It walked straight back into the elites, died, but upon ressing managed to find it's way onto a safe path and get back to questing.
      Also, up until this point I had "Learn Skills" checked. Upon watching, it would fly back to Goldshire after each level or so, visit a vendor, visit the flight path, then go train skills. I assumed it would only do so when in the local area but apparently not, so I've learned my skills and turned it off for the time being.
      I left the bot running throughout work, and came back during lunch to find my WoW had crashed of a critical error. Started again now during my lunch break, ready to leave it for another few hours.

Well, I got back from lunch and saw straight away that my WoW had logged off. Level 27, about half way through. I'm not sure what went wrong with it, but when I logged in I was jammed in a corner of a catacomb in Darkshire. I restarted the bot to watch it and see what had gone wrong, if he was running into the wall or something, but upon doing so it deleted all the quests from my log and ran off to North STV quite happily so I'm not sure what happened there, or what quest it was on. Also, I've noticed my bags are filling; I don't think the bot is vendoring items often enough. Is there anything to change this?

Current info: 8hrs 7mins 56sec played - Level 24 and 38%

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    2. heineken

heineken Guest

How do you turn off train new skills?

3. sraeg

sraeg New Member

Settings and Tools
      Scroll down to the "Vendors" tab
      Untick "Train New Skills"