• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Evaluating HonorBuddy - Constant Crash Routine

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Support' started by mcxgr, Dec 20, 2014.

1. mcxgr

mcxgr New Member

Hello dear Support :)

I am evaluating (3days Trial) HonorBuddy but it only run like 5 minutes in total for me... the usual behaviour is Launcher crashes (but buddy still opens), I log in to my char, login with the given key -> Crash... and all from start.

Once or twice it went up to next step and I even managed to run a profile for like 15 mins (the attached log)... but then it crashed and I'm back on the same routine.

View attachment 8116 2014-12-20 15.02.txt.zip

Tried Windows Update, Disable Antivirus, Restart, Install on different folder... nothing helps.

You mention to show logs... well the usual one is SO short I can show it inline:

[14:20:03.345 N] Honorbuddy v2.5.12441.761 started.
      [14:21:32.733 N] Logging in...
      [14:21:34.362 N] T: 5247232839356161136 H: 3749807636

(then it's crashed)

Snapshots attached

HonorBuddy Crash.PNG HonorBuddy Launcher Crash.PNG

Please help... as this evaluation isn't going very well :)

System info:

Windows 8.1, i5 3.4GHz, 8GB Ram, SSD, NVidia GTX 660
      All latest drivers and Windows Updates...

2. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

remove:
      - microsoft .net framework 4 client profile
      - microsoft .net framework 4 extended
      - microsoft visual c++ 2010 x86 redistributable
      - microsoft visual c++ 2012 x86 redistributable

restart your pc,
      download the installationwizard https://www.thebuddyforum.com/attach...uddywizard-zip
      run them as administrator.
      after wizard installation is done, run windows update. And install all updates for .net & c++
      restart

3. mcxgr

mcxgr New Member

Can't seem to be able to locate those... but I tried the .net cleanup tool from microsoft with no success as to what happens with HB afterwards. Could you direct me to a way to remove the client profile and extended (for win 8.1 x64) that would be satisfactory for HB to work properly?

Thank you!

4. mcxgr

mcxgr New Member

If I restart it 10-20 times it's working for like 10 minutes at a time then crashes... this is helpless as it is now... a bot is supposed to run unattended for hours isn't it?

Do you recommend something like a VM to run this instead? Please direct me on the client profile and extended stuff if you still think it's the case though as I would love to buy/work with raidbot etc while I'm actually playing at full frame rate etc...

5. mcxgr

mcxgr New Member

Bump? Can't get more than 10 minutes of this working... and then it's an instant login crash over and over for like 20 times... until another 10 minutes of working bot come... etc....

6. mcxgr

mcxgr New Member

Can someone at least guaranty this isn't "normal" behavior so I can check and recheck and actually buy this bot at some point? as it is now for me... it's not even worth the 1 euro... for the trial ;)

7. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

can you upload a new log of whatever its doing now please. also if you have more to add please dont keep bumping the thread, use the edit button unless someone else has replied to you.

8. mcxgr

mcxgr New Member

I don't really need to upload anything as it's doing the same thing... log is 3 lines... (you can see above) when it crashes directly after login and finding the coordinates... over and over again (even 20 times with kill session each time to start again)..

WHEN it runs for a while it's fine and last 6minute run was like:

View attachment 8476 2014-12-21 04.12.txt.zip

I see others saying that they used these profiles etc for 7-10h runs... but I can't get more than a couple of minutes without crash... so... sorry for my bumping but it's ether "bump" or "quit"...

Thanks for your time!

9. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

try changing wow to dx9 mode, you can do so via your wow graphic options.

10. mcxgr

mcxgr New Member

I did... this is a typical start:

[10:06:38.440 N] Honorbuddy v2.5.12441.761 started.
      [10:07:02.117 N] Logging in...
      [10:07:03.661 N] T: 5247233550655159032 H: 1020860612

Then it's kill the session, re-open... this allover again 10 time or so... then maybe it runs for like 5 mins or 10 or 15 so it has nothing to do with dx version...

I'm sending you a typicallog sequence with the startup fails and a "successful" run for me:

View attachment typycal log sequence.zip

Please help...

11. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

pm me your Skype and we will teamviewer it

12. mcxgr

mcxgr New Member

Tony was kind enough to TeamViewer help yesterday and after the removal & re-installation of all .net stuff it seemed a bit better but it was still crashing on start & after a while... if it managed to launch.

The Solution (client runs now 2-3h straight, something I could never do before):

- Clean Install (after removal of .net libs)
      - Removal of all non-essentials utilities and Graphics Card Shit (for example 3D support I never used, Physix etc)

but more importantly:

- REMOVAL of Kaspersky antivirus. It was always "paused" and "disabled" when I was evaluating HB... but my problem always seemed weird. I noticed on 2 runs that when it happened it was downloading tiles (navigation stuff) from HB servers... well... it seems that was the most important factor... Kaspersky was STILL doing something (while "paused"/"disabled"...)

SO:

If you have an aggressive antivirus... consider removing it for testing HB and if everything works without it... you need to make sure you re-install it but make exceptions for all the HB behaviors... (HARD TO DO/PREDICT and the Kaspersky instructions that someone has given here aren't up-to-date for endpoint security v10)

---

I hope everything remains fine - as it is now... and I thank Tony for his help and questions that made me think of all possibilities and by that... reach a conclusion to remove all non-important stuff...

13. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

great, if you need anything else let us know.