• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • GB2 still profitable ?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by 233286, Feb 22, 2015.

1. 233286

233286 New Member

Is using GB2 still profitable or is the High ban risk still taking over? Even when using Buddy store bought profiles?
      (For a Battlechest account)

Would it better to safe bot 6~ hours GB2 or Something like farming dungeons Safe or suicide.

2. gavzter

gavzter Banned

to be honest i bot 15 hrs per day but i rotate my accounts in a certain way and they have not been banned yet doing it for many years now

3. Mr_Pibb

Mr_Pibb New Member

Using GB is kind of worthless atm, because noone needs the old materials anymore, because skilling professions got useless.

Maybe it will get interesting again, once flying gets enabled and primal spirits get tradable. ATM there are not many things you can use herbs and ores for, that are not connected to some kind of daily cooldown. Noone needs big ammounts of ores, because the only thing you can do with them is creating crappy items or using them for truesteelbars or taladite cristals, which are pretty limited by the cooldown. For using up the cooldowns, the garrison offers enough ores and herbs.

And another thing. I habe been using the same public profile with GB in MOP since the release of MOP, without getting banned. The account I used, leveled straight up to 90 and did nothing else than farming ore and herbs using the same profile, almost every day. The key to not get banned is to limit the number of nodes per day.

2 guildbuddys got banned for gathering ores, but they were not botting. Why did that happen? When the skygolem came out, they farmed ores like hell by hand for several hours a day because they new, that the price will pop up as soon as it is released. Blizz uses a filter, that basically checks how much you have gathered, how often you have killed a certain mob, how often you have looten a certain item. I don`t know in which period of time, but thats how they autoban you. Thats the most simple and effective way.

The other bans happen by player reports and investigation of a GM.

Using GB for 6h is kind of dangerous. But using GB on 2 accounts for 3h a day seems ok. I would get 2 accounts, farm 1.5h on one acc, than switch to the other for 1.5h, than have a break and start over again. You need to find it out yourself if it is profitable. If you have buyers for the stuff, go for it. If not, don`t eaven start it.

There are some old ores, that work becuase people need them for certain things, but I won`t tell you all the secrets :-D Find them out yourself.

4. jsimmons10

jsimmons10 Community Developer

fishing haha. no daily cd and always needed to make food table for raids. and all those pug wipes need alot of them ;)

5. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

Savage Feasts are 4g per on my realm.

1.5 hours a day? im not sure i could even pay my sub on that amount. i could gather more in 48 hours and have 28 more days for profit.

unless you work for blizz, you are just guessing.

farming old mats is not useless. farming blindly with no buyers might be. the last two weeks, ive been goofing off on a dead server. sitting in trade chat taking orders on one account and farming on a second has netted me 20k in sales of arcane crystals and cobra scales. another fun activity is buying out all the vanilla level gemstones and reposting at 30x their value. you only have to sell a few to recover your initial cost, and the rest is profit. its not sustainable but its hilarious to see people in trade chat complaining.

6. jsimmons10

savage feast on mine are 8g. but making them is not whats profitable on my realm

atm sea scorpion segments sell for 7g each.

fish up Enormous Sea Scorpion Enormous Sea Scorpion - Item - World of Warcraft
      for every 5 you get a fairly good amount of sea scorpion segments from them when gutted.

now i have not done this in a few weeks due to other things but this was always a good decent safe way to make money on my server but all servers are diffrent.

from the picture you can clearly see they are over priced but a simple 50% reduction from the lowest one on my server will sell no problem.
      http://i.imgur.com/4VeKaMd.png

7. frosticus

i did read in trade chat someone looking for sea scorpions, but i was thinking it was for something else. good tip there. its those niche markets that will net you a profit, rather than blindly farming for items in general.

8. jsimmons10

yea its not a big cash in but it will get your a decent safe amount.

9. frosticus

you could use Ultibuffer to reapply sea scorpion bait and fish for days inside your garrison.

10. jsimmons10

masterbaiter plugin does this. :D