• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Having troubles with Mage

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Bobbler, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Bobbler

Bobbler New Member

So my poor mage keeps dying all the time. Currently at level 36 and running a path on level 33 mobs. Not sure if I need to re-do the talents or what but he even tries to pull another with only half help and gets his butt whooped...I am also running a cleric that is doing great just having problems with the mage. Even tried getting new gear and still death after death after death...

Any suggestions? Could someone do a good build for a level 36? Maybe I missed a good survival ability. I did follow the mage guide and am using the correct souls also just to clear that up.

Thanks!

2. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

make sure your mage specs are as hawker has stated. the link is the blue text as soon as you press start

3. GrayPotatoes

GrayPotatoes Member

The default mage build shouldnt lose any hp against 1 mob at a time, even with 2 at a time. i really cant see how you can die to mobs 3 lvls below, have you trained spells since lvl 10?

4. Hawker

Hawker Guest

If he isn't using the default soul tree, he is effectively meleeing the mobs and thus dying. Mage is the class where my little guide is really compulsory.

5. arcanjito

arcanjito New Member

I agree with Hawker. However, I did some minor changes in the build.
      1) Necromancer first - see your level. That's the amount of points you should have in Necro. Only put ANY point in Warlock if you can't put it in Necro.
      2) Always go for the major difference spell. In this particular build, I'd say Flesh Rot, Symbiote, Soul Purge and Ancient Tomb.
      3) Least useful spells are (from the least useful to the "ok" one): Deadly Plague, Clattering Bones, Master Chirurgeon, Fresh Graves. Only put points here to reach the needed spells, and in the reverse order (fresh greaves, clattering... etc)
      4) Third build is kinda useless. I mean, so far. If I would make a suggestion, I'd say insert Archon and program the bot to stack 5 of Pillaging Stone in the beggining of the routine and run it once every 3 minutes to reset the 5 minute buff... just my two cents here...
      BUILD I'M USING TO LEVEL UP
      Hope it helps!

EDIT: Removed Vengeful Spirit. Useless if you are using a Zealot :p

6. Bobbler

Bobbler New Member

So the problem was not filling the necro soul first. Seems much better now :)

7. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

cheers =)

Now, with the bot progressing and the devs finding time to do all specs ... then you can start customizing, but the bot is still a baby and Hawker is extremely busy these days - so he doesn't exactly have the time for the 'fancy' stuff such as your own soul building just yet =)

But i'm sure soon he (or other devs) will produce more in-depth cc's

8. DaSandman

DaSandman New Member

I'm using Archon too as 3rd (0-point) soul. Stacking up Pillaging Stone and Searing Vitality once every 5mins (or 4mins to be safe, in case you don't hit a mob for a while) would be a great idea.

For now I've built a new mage routine so they are cast once a battle (Pillaging Stone to pull, and Searing Vitality as another DoT during combat) - this is probably not optimal but does mean the buffs are both at a full 5 stack all the time.

I wasn't sure how to check how many stacks of a buff you have, or how long left on a buff - are these possible?