• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • havnt botted in month, anything to watch out for?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by chazz93, May 15, 2014.

1. chazz93

chazz93 Member

so i have been botting for a few years and i know the usual do's and donts. i stoped playing wow after selling my main account when i was in a hardcore raiding guild. i plan on re gearing some alts for fun and simply want to use HB for combat rutines for some of my alts that i suck at, and maybe some questing. nothing more though.

my question is how safe are those 2 things now, before i stoped questing was the safest form of botting and combat rutines were 99.99% safe since people arnt going to know. and questing 99% of the reports are from people seeing you run into the wall / random blade of grass that makes your toon stuck.

im just now sure if i missed anything that mades those not safe in any patches / warden upgrades. spoke to blizzard and they said almost all botting bans are from their computer program and once that said account wants to apeal it then a GM will dig into it and check it out. but most are un apealed so they have the "warden " do it. he explained this to me when i was trying to get an old banned account back.

anyway thanks for your time

2. leetdemon

leetdemon Member

I wouldnt use gatherbuddy, other than that just use common sense

3. samskie

samskie New Member

Why not use Gather buddy? I've been using it with fantastic results, albeit i've tried different profiles some being good some being awful.

4. chazz93

chazz93 Member

im not asking about GB2 or any other bot besides strictly tyreal/ lazy raider i only want to use those atm until i get caught back up on my alts specs/stats/ rotations. i have alot of 90's and dont have days to sit down and relearn it all at once so i wanted to gear my alts and have my bot DPS/heal for me as i get myself situated and ready to play these alts by hand again. havnt played some of these toons in over 5 months.

5. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Wait what? Could you elaborate on this? What exactly did this GM say about botting bans?

6. chazz93

chazz93 Member

so the call went like this

i had opened a few tickets and they shut me down right away, why are they not looking into it, i was hacked?

-let me take a look
      -yea it shows your account was banned then you apealed it and it was upheld and you again apealed and it was again upheld by the supervisor.

well why cant i apeal it again?

- the basic principle of bans is if the anti ban program detects botting/hacking it will auto ban your account. if it is apealed, a Real person will look at the details and ecided weather or not you were hacked or botting/hacking yourself ( based on your known IP and the used IP at the time). if it is decided that you were indeed hacking/botting you will remain banned. if apealed again a supervisor will look into the account and if he decides to keep your ban then a note will apear on your account and whenever you try to apeal/talk about it again the GM will see the supervisors note and will not talk about the ban and will close your chatbox/ticket.

that about sums the call up

7. leetdemon

leetdemon Member

look in the ban section and you will soon find yourself there.

8. thiass

thiass New Member

I saw people telling the same things yesterday about GB2. Is it because of the plugin GB or just because using bot for gathering is very dangerous because of players reports?

9. black_au

black_au New Member

Dropbears bro, they're becoming a concern.

10. GK2014

GK2014 Member

^^ This. A majority of the bans I've seen are players farming that got reported by other players.

11. leetdemon

leetdemon Member

Both....

12. nutshell

nutshell New Member

Well its not the plugin its the profiles used.

13. jmas2k4

jmas2k4 New Member

If your going to use gatherbuddy make sure you have a 100% uptime at your computer and the game as well as the chat is visible at all times. only run it for a max of 2-4 hours and make sure you put the path on random instead of flying in a circle

14. mellome

mellome New Member

In the end it depends on just how active you are on the botting account.

If you're running multiple bots ... create your own profile/paths, paying attention to where the bot sticks and blacklisting those areas (do not use submitted profiles for multiple bots, you want to seem random - not have others on your path). If you're running just a single account ... my advice is talk in general. I bitch about flying in a huge circle, periodically stop and help random players and talk in guild; then I wander off for a hour or so on end.

No issues. No complaints. I've been botting since Vanilla.
      Do you want advice? Have a brain. Most players who are banned aren't acting like players.
      Automation is awesome but if you're doing tasks that no player, no matter the amount of red bull, would do ... you're asking for the hammer.