• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Highest DPS class and combat routine combo?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by czykmate, Dec 24, 2014.

1. czykmate

czykmate New Member

I lurk these forums, but haven't yet seen this topic discussed myself.

Is there a conclusive highest class + combat routine combo? I know flavor of the month changes, well...every month, but hopefully you can help with a rough estimate.

Thanks for any help, wasn't sure what alt to roll.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    2. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Play the one you have the most fun playing. Everything in WoW is FOTM, you said it yourself.

3. czykmate

czykmate New Member

Wouldnt be botting the character if I were playing for that reason.

4. highboi

highboi New Member

unless your selling gold, i see no reason for you to pay 15 a month for something you dont enjoy

like rytfo said, play what you like, it changes. this month could be mage next month can be dks. most CRs do a decent job in terms of dps. theres debate over which is better but thats based on preferences more than anything

5. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Let me state it a different way then...

If there was one class/spec that was better than the rest, the most people are playing it and you're very unlikely to get a raid spot because all the good people are already playing.

Choose something you enjoy rather than FOTM.

6. nate8282

nate8282 Member Legendary

It's hard to say since the highest dps change so often, but my guess would be Warriors (Furry Unleashed2) and Mages (Portal Premium), both are at the top of the current charts and have really good paid Custom Routines. (DPS Charts)

7. namednoob

namednoob Community Developer

LOL people still use noxxic as reference how sad, I hope those charts are being gathered from another source at the very least.

8. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

there is nothing wrong with noxxic, its not the same as it used to be. They get their numbers from the same place as anyone else. Not to mention if someone is going there they crave information regarding some part of the game which is superior to not going anywhere at all regardless of where your loyalties lie.

im sure he's aware of icy veins and simcraft.. if not he is now :p

9. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

but yea, lose the fotm obsession. your not fooling anyone when you roll the highest dps class. everyone is aware your dps is chart topping because the game's mechanics support it with said class. Roll a non fotm that you love playing, chart top dps then... and you win on all fronts and wont get sick of your class or end up disappointed when the next fotm coems up or a nerf comes around.

aaanyhow, likely beating a dead horse :p If you MUST know.. WW Monk or MM hunter is a good place to start. Tuanha's routines do very very well regardless of class/spec chosen. While the monk is probably better off on average, id go hunter for many reasons.

10. namednoob

namednoob Community Developer

It's the other way around, noxxic WAS good in the very distant past its not reliable anymore... By the way there is a edit post button :)

11. Pineapple Lion

Pineapple Lion Member

Even if you're going to be botting your routine, you're still going to have to interact with your character while its in raids and such, so that is where you're going to have to pick. So do you like being at range, min-maxing movement, or do you want to be trying get as close to 100% melee uptime.

You will still have to understand what your character needs to do the best it can do, even if you're not "playing it" (rotation is only a part of having good damage output).