• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Honor Buddy Random Dungeon.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by virtual, Feb 2, 2010.

1. virtual

virtual Member

Would it be possible, Create HEAVY DUTY meshes for the dungeons.
      Find the Tank in group stay 20 Yards Back, try to stay 5 - 15 yards close to the rest of the group with some kind of range check. But in a fashion without using the /follow command, so you dont get stuck around corners.

Im guessing this would be super easy for a healbot, and somewhat easy for a dps class.
      Target whatever the tank targets and unleash dps , or heal like crazy.

Maybe also leave dungeon for dungeons that prove to complicated for honorbuddy to stay on path.

If it can join Bg's and such i know it would be possible to make DungeonBuddy

Any thoughts ?

2. Ojcamero

Ojcamero New Member

I've been talking about this, but people have been saying it will be to hard, but I personally know 2 people that have access to a private instance farming bot.

3. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

So you want a bot that will queue for dungeons, heal, DPS and tank. Kill bosses and requeue fully unattended?!

What happens when they die, how do they get back to the instance? HB does not use flying mounts.

How do you make the characters react to boss events? Eg Golem event in Gun'Drak. How do you make the bots move out of the poison?

You're asking too much.

4. awscissors

awscissors New Member

considering DBM tells you most of the info that a player needs for a boss fight it seems like this could be possible, but definitely a HUGE amount of work. And as fpsware pointed out, without HB using flying mounts it would be impossible. Maybe it could be made as a standalone bot like 'Badge Buddy' or something lol

5. deltasniper3

deltasniper3 New Member

this is a stupid idea and will easilly get busted if u do it publicly because when ur in a group of 5 they talk... if u move like a bot its obvious if u dont reply its obvious stupid idea just stop being lazy and do it urself or put bot in bg

6. awscissors

awscissors New Member

I've been in groups where they wont even stop for the healer to mana up much less talk lol To be honest maybe 3 out of 100 random groups i've been in have said more than hi, gg or mana break. And i find it laughable that you're telling people to stop being lazy and play themselves on a botting web forum

7. Ivanovai

Ivanovai New Member

Even if the majority of the groups you have been in dont talk much,
      they still pay attention to if a
      healer isnt healing enough
      a tank isnt tanking etc etc

So there will be times when a bot will slip up occasionally,

and people will know your botting,

so what everyone has said in reply to you awscissors has been correct

Although i wouldnt mind a few instance meshes such as RFC/RFK/SFK/SM etc so i could boost my toons without worrying :) if im in a group with my own toons,

so Unless u mean to have a bot that does all what uv asked but only being in a group with your 5 toons then yea i can see the relevance in this,

8. virtual

virtual Member

I was thinking more along the lines of lower level instances.

Like i mentioned above the bot will remove itself from any instance you have flagged to complicated.

Because people dont talk and 50% of the time they dont speak english.
      I was just in a group with a tank who wouldn't talk to anyone no matter what they did , and he tanked all the way to the last boss.
      But wouldn't talk or listen to any directions, he would only pause till everyones mana was up and that was it.

9. virtual

virtual Member

I was gonna make a comment here for delta but im too lazy and my bot wont type something witty for me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    10. LAP87

LAP87 Member

deltasniper3 , Please do an hero, turn 360 degrees and walk away etc.etc.
      But before that i beg you, please post yet another irrelevant heap of unformatted text so that we the lesser beings can bask in your divine glory, oh holy fucktard. And please don't forget the triple dots between your incoherent rantings!
      I would not be able to live on if i were not to witness yet another of your horribly stupendous miracles that we lowly people has given the name "12yr old dickhead flaming needlessly" :O

How is that for a witty comment, virtual?

11. deltasniper3

deltasniper3 New Member

Ok you guys want to try dungeon botting go for it im just saying its stupid you will most certainly be caught sometimes you need to comunicate with other members of your party to get things done and i said stop being lazy and do the dungeon cuz it takes 10minutes i also said you could put the bot in the bg
      also what are you sposed to do on loot just let it roll out pass on it auto? there are so many things that can go wrong with it flame me all you want im just saying you will have a higher detection rate if this were implemented

12. legg1

legg1 New Member

Whats up with having a sandy vagina? :/
      Less being cockmonkeys.

1. Ignore posts
      2. ?????
      3. Profit!

13. bambi_1978

bambi_1978 Member

In most hc's I've been in other than guild ones there is next to no chat. I dont think blizzard look at the hc's and chat and say oh wait a minute none of them are talking to each other.
      Could create a random chat plugin so they would all chat away might be rubbish but at least its chat.
      Also I would prefer to actually be the leader of the raf group so I could keep an eye on group.

14. BenWesty

BenWesty New Member

It is totally possible. Obviously there are some instances/heroics where the events are a bit too complicated, but most are plain and simple these days.

Loot = Pass on everything except desired items.
      Target the same mob the tank targets, never be the first dpser to start combat.
      If spoken to, reply in a random unknown language.

I just made it through a whole heroic, doing nothng but clicking on the tank, pressing F, then dpsing that target down. I said nothing the whole instance either.

It would be really difficult to create, but completely possible.

15. virtual

virtual Member

I thought an interesting question was what happens when you die.

Well the bot will make his way back to the instance, but what about when he gets inside.

The bot could use the last known loaction before death ( as if he was trying to find his body ) and go there and tag onto players when they are in range.
      Like following rules, if players are within a certain range of last known location then follow, if players are all at instance beginning override last known location and follow tank.
      If at any point during trip to last known location tank is spotted override and follow tank.

Then other rules, if cannot reach party or tank within a given amount of minutes /leave group , or if with tank and party does not group within 5 minutes leave party.
      So on and so on.

I was thinking lower level dungeons, like Deadmines.
      But you could totally bot Violet hold, Nexus, utgarde, ect...

Boss if your if you reading this, I would buy Dungeon Buddy if you made it.
      I would Also Buy FISHING BUDDY if you made that as well.

16. LAP87

LAP87 Member

no need for a fishing buddy, mr.fishit seems to work for most ppl. Just need to wait for an updated version ^^ (It supports Wintergrasp-fishing as of now aswell)
      Myself, i'm still using Pirox for the fishing.. i became accustomed to it and it hasn't gotten me banned since i started using it..

17. awscissors

awscissors New Member

There is an addon that will automaticaly roll greed/disenchant on everything for you :D so as long as u didn't need an upgrade it'd be fine lol

Also from what i've read the main problem seems to be tanking or healing, why not just go dps? Of course, until HB supports flying it would be impossible to go afk and some dungeons like Nexus would probably be impossible lol

18. virtual

virtual Member

Yeah but at the moment i feel like Boss has his shit together and i know botting is never safe at all! EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER!
      But i feel safe using boss products, even if its just an inkling of safety i still feel safe.
      Other peoples products have let me down too many times now, I was in the first GB ban and im still using Boss Products.
      So Like i said before, Hire Nes add mrfishit to the buddy products and i will pay for it and i will feel safer :)

19. spankerton

spankerton New Member

I dont think asking too much for a good party bot that follows behind and stays back a ways, having a bot that recognizes its standing in goo, lava, poison, damage dealing aoe and move out of it. Getting back to instance and going thru the instance would be done with the mesh file obviously.

Not to much to ask IMO!

20. spankerton

spankerton New Member

I agree, doing dungeons solo without people you know, queueing and re-queueing is account suicide. However to use this with a trusted group of friends is exactly what i would use it for. No flame here.