• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Honorbuddy mining/herbalism?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Blinker1234, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Blinker1234

Blinker1234 Member

Hi, I bought hb yesterday and enjoying it so far, its done good for me. It has options however for collecting/ mining and collecting herbs, i have both options selected but when my character goes near a vein or a herb it just ignores it.

Any way of fixing this? or do I need gb?

2. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

I have this same problem..... sometimes. It seems to work sometimes for one or the other, but rarely for both, it will run right over an herb and not collect it, but will mine ore in the same session. The next session, it will gather herbs, but not mine the ore. And even then in another session, it will do both for a while and then nothing. Not sure what is going on. I do have GB as well, but would like for my new toon to level these skills while he is levelling so that I don't have to spend a lot of time levelling them when he is 80.

3. Shuckles

Shuckles New Member

If you are wanting to gather herbs or mine some nodes, then buy Gatherbuddy. Here's how this is gone for me.

1. Leveled paladin to 80 in 9 days of botting
      2. Used Gatherbuddy in 2 days have maxed Herb + Mining.

4. Blinker1234

Blinker1234 Member

Why does Honorbuddy have the option then? Mistake or just one of those "coming soon(tm)" things?

5. bobbyv34

bobbyv34 Guest

it works, i havent had an issue with it, it just doesnt always collect every herb or ore, nothings perfect.

6. LiquidAtoR

LiquidAtoR Community Developer

Here sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
      Either way if it does it's extra.
      After all they have gatherbuddy for gathering, that honorbuddy does this occasionally is a extra ^^.

7. Blinker1234

Blinker1234 Member

Ok so from what i understand at the moment is, its an option there that chooses to work on its own but to do herb/mining we need gather buddy which we cannot run at the same time.

Correct?

8. Heftybuddy

Heftybuddy New Member

I'm hoping this is just a bug that gets fixed. I can understand needing to buy gatherbuddy for hard core herbing with flying mounts and what not. But if there is a node withing walking distance of my toon, he should go pick it up unless there is a mob to kill around. At least thats how glider worked (sniffle).

9. cawpet

cawpet Member

Change loot distance and hope for the best? It does enough whilst levelling if you ask me. It's focus is 1-80, anything else is a bonus.

10. KarPerturbed

KarPerturbed New Member

Saying that it's easy to switch over to GB and get to 450 herbalism/mining in a short period of time is true, but it misses the point. On most of the servers I'm currently botting on, there are several low-level herbs/ores that actually sell more per stack than saronite, lichbloom or icethorn. That means that if HB does a good job of herbing and mining while I'm leveling, my time getting the character to 80 is close to as profitable as the time spent merely farming on GB. Also, the bots spend a lot of time in each area, which means many more nodes spawn in the vicinity of a leveling toon than a 80 on a epic mount.

If HB could fix this problem, it would drastically increase it's effectiveness for people who are leveling a farming toon.