• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Honorbuddy Wine Mac Working (Sort Of =x)

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Support' started by Slaab, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Slaab

Slaab Member

Here is a pic:
      Honorbuddy Wine.png

Here is a log file that i couldn't send via the button:
      View attachment log.saencryptedreport.zip

I am wondering if we can maybe get the tiniest bit of support for this it could be a good option for mac and linux users. I was just curious and downloaded CrossOver and installed the necessary file requirements for honorbuddy to run into a wine bottle. It looks very promising much more so than in the past. I also had to install an ntfs program for my bootcamp partition to give wine access to the drive.

Hopefully you will take a little interest in this.

Thanks in advance,
      Nick.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
    2. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

the hooks we need and use are only available on a WINDOWS machine, an emulated windows environment is not good enough to run the bot and the subsystems needed to deal with it.
      there's more issues in running it then just will it run, theres also the issue that we've never done it before and things like tripwire and other safety features may not work.

basicly what im saying is if you HAVE to run on a mac, do it in a VM because etherway your going to have to run the windows version of wow so theres no point in running it sudo natively anyway.

3. Slaab

Slaab Member

Exactly what subsystems do you need that only windows provides? I am just curious. It seems to me that if I can run WoW in wine I should be able to run the bot also. Does it have to do with memory access?

I am not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just trying to understand. There is a point to running this stuff "sudo natively". I understand most do not care but their are many valid reasons which are different for each person.

4. superstargoddess

superstargoddess New Member

I've bee running it in VMWare, and have been thinking about trying it in Crossover as well to take some bloat out of running it through VMWare. However, doesn't sound promising that way.