• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • How can I make the Bot assist another Character, that is controlled by myself?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by frailty, Oct 28, 2012.

1. frailty

frailty New Member

Hello

I've searched everywhere to find a solution for my problem, I think the problem is quite simple.

I just RAFed myself and I want to play the first character, while the 2nd follows and assists my main char, whenever hes in trouble. The thing is, I only have one key and so the Partybot solution doesnt work (since for that I need the bot also running on my main char).

I found an old plugin from regalo that does this, but its from May and doesn't work anymore. All other threads had the same question but mostly about doing dungeon runs, which is not what I want to do, which is why lazyraider wouldn't work.

Thanks for your help

2. Blake666

Blake666 New Member

/push
      Because i want to do the exact same thing myself. I just started playing MoP, so i have to level my Character of course. So, is there a way that i can level my Main Account by myself and the Bot Account should just follow me, Assist, Accept Quests, loot the Mobs etc. ?

3. c4sper

c4sper New Member

wrong thread sry

4. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

you could try something like LazyRaider as it has a feature to follow the party leader around, so that might work for you.

5. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Inrego created a plugin pre-MoP that did it better than lazyraider, as LR only moves when not in combat, and doesn't really assist very well.

I updated the plugin to work with the latest HB, but it needs to be manually edited to enter your lead char name (line 49 - can't miss it really). Run it with 'Combat Bot'. Works pretty good - mounts up when the leader mounts, attacks the leaders target, keeps up with the leader etc - it doesn't do any quest accepting/turn-in's though.

Credits to Inrego for originally creating it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    6. Randumz

Randumz New Member

I tried installing that putting it into my Plugins folder and adding a new folder called AssistFollow, but it doesn't show up in the plugin section when I run the bot.

7. razer

razer New Member

Yea I got the same problem it is placed in my plugin folder but cant see it in plugins

8. phrozenjib

phrozenjib Member

I thought that was what Party Bot and the Leader plugin did? I could be wrong though because I haven't actually used it before..

9. razer

razer New Member

My Partybot is abit retarded with running around ahead of the leader then running back.,..Pull mobs and die

10. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

No idea why it's not showing up. Mines in..

HB/Plugins/AssistFollow/AssistFollow.cs

It just works for me....

Post a log, may be some errors in there.

11. Randumz

Randumz New Member

It showed up after a few restarts :p. Problem is now that I don't think it works properly with the new HB update. Can someone confirm this or is it just my client?

12. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

it is a plugin and would go into your plugin folder.

13. botorific

botorific New Member

Any ideas?
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Honorbuddy v2.5.6486.512 started.
      Logging in...

Compiler Error: c:\Awesome\Plugins\AssistFollow\AssistFollow.cs(2,12) : error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Logic' does not exist in the namespace 'Styx' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
      Compiler Error: c:\Awesome\Plugins\AssistFollow\AssistFollow.cs(3,12) : error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Logic' does not exist in the namespace 'Styx' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
      Compiler Error: c:\Awesome\Plugins\AssistFollow\AssistFollow.cs(4,12) : error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Logic' does not exist in the namespace 'Styx' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
      Compiler Error: c:\Awesome\Plugins\AssistFollow\AssistFollow.cs(5,12) : error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Logic' does not exist in the namespace 'Styx' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
      Compiler Error: c:\Awesome\Plugins\AssistFollow\AssistFollow.cs(13,24) : error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PluginClass' does not exist in the namespace 'Styx.Plugins' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
      Compiler Error: c:\Awesome\Plugins\AssistFollow\AssistFollow.cs(15,33) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'HBPlugin' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      Compiler Error: c:\Awesome\Plugins\AssistFollow\AssistFollow.cs(43,9) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MountHelper' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      ItemForAura - Questhelper - Version 2.0 Loaded.

14. lyndonm33

lyndonm33 Member

download taking me to a blank page?

15. arwow

arwow Member

Hi Millz... this plugin i can heal the leader?

im lvl a DK with botanist (grid) and he hits well, but his HP go to 30% ~ 40% after every kill... i want put my druid healer to heal him... to avoid wast of time drink/eating =\

and i dont want stay in party, to avoid loss of XP in lvl toon =D

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    16. Inrego

Inrego New Member Buddy Store Developer

I updated the plugin myself (but I haven't tested it). Try this instead. Remember you need to make a folder in your Plugins folder, so the path is: Honorbuddy/Plugins/AssistFollow/AssistFollow.cs

It doesn't have any healing built-in, but if your combat routine heals other players you should be fine. It will halt any movement while you're casting so it will not interrupt your heals.
      Maybe it's worth noting that I implemented logic to make the follower follow you over edges. If you jump down over an edge, it will follow you instead of running around. I found it useful for many instances where people take shortcuts, and HB wanted to take the "safe way" by navigating there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    17. zekiel247

zekiel247 New Member

Just gonna give an option ( the way i do it if i am playing at least 1 char )

Get Keyclone

Wizard setup to open 2 wow

Setup macros like:( is 1 3 lines macro btw )

/assist yourplayedchar
      /cast desiredspell
      /follow yourplayed char

Have fun.

18. razer

razer New Member

Why get keyclone when assistfollow does the same thing? :)

19. vicbaldry

vicbaldry New Member

quick question about this: i wanna change the player it follows, and the code is if (player.Name.Equals("Player Name")), so if i wanted to change it to follow a player called Angryorc, would the code be if (player.Name.Equals("Angryorc")) or if (player.Name.Equals(Angryorc))? For some reason it always just follows the first person in my group, rather than the name i put in....

20. flayne

flayne New Member

You should try Multibox Suite. Works perfectly for me. Open two instances of WoW with the two characters you want to level. Create a party with whichever character you want to play as the leader. Open honorbuddy on the other character and run the bot multibox follower with a blank profile, that character will now run around after your main character, turn in and accept quests the main character does (Edit: actually I think it just interacts with the quest giver, with an addon called kAutoQuest it'll then accept and turn in the quests), loot quest items, attack whatever the main character is attacking using whichever CC you choose. It's perfect, you can configure it to manually select who you want it to follow by editting the MBoxFollowerBot.cs file on line 47 change private bool ManualLeader = false; to true. Now the leader will be whoever your character has selected when the bots started. I've used this bot to level multiple characters to 80 on RAF, works well through dungeons if the follower is a DPS, simply attacks the target you are and nobody is any the wiser.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013