• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • How does banning work?

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by bozare, Jul 27, 2014.

1. bozare

bozare New Member

Hello!

I have been botting very much lately, almost too much. But I just wonder, how does the ban system work? Do you only get banned if you get reported? Is there any programs that suddenly detects you? Or are you safe if you do it safe (Bot when no one is around, reading or something while botting, so you see your computer screen)? I am very careful when botting. And also, how does a banwave/ban wave work? Do you suddenly get banned, even if you are offline, but have been botting, or does honorbuddy have to bot? Thanks!

2. Solidsnake994

Solidsnake994 New Member

It obviously isn't exactly known how the ban system works but I can lay out a a quick summary on how I think their system operates...

The program Blizzard uses to detect 3rd party software is known as Warden. Warden has little to no chance to catch you while using Honorbuddy, so long as you bot smart. (Not botting for too long, monitoring your bot, etc.) However if it does catch you somehow then it will flag your account for further investigation. Another way to have your account flagged is by player reports. There is no exact number of player reports that is known to cause a flag but if you accrue more than 2-3 in a short length of time you can bet you'll have your account looked at. For banwaves blizz will not take action on any flags over a certain time period until they launch the banwave where all of the listed accounts will be subsequently banned. You do not have to be online for this to happen. As long as they detected you botting at some point during when they began collecting account for the banwave and when the banwave has been carried out you will be banned.

TL;DR
      Bot smart, monitor the bot, don't do stupid things with it and you'll be fine.

3. bozare

bozare New Member

Ok, thanks for a good answer!