• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • How much stuff on AH is too much?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by derekos, Jun 2, 2010.

1. derekos

derekos New Member

I was just curious how much stuff is too much on AH. Right now I'm dumping loads of ore and herbs on AH. Gather for 8 hours, drop on AH. Rinse and repeat. Would it be better to sell off one AH batch in entirety before dropping new stuff?

2. okeofs

okeofs New Member

Only time I was ever banned was when I posted 15k worth of stuff a year ago. Ive heard to be safe you shouldnt post more than ten stacks of anything at a time, though.

3. Mordd

Mordd New Member

I used to post all my skin from my level bots at the AH, but every time I did that I would get a bann a few days later. I think people report anyone with anymore than 15 stacks at the AH even if its legit. I havent posted any skin on any of my toons since, and no bans.

4. xfox

xfox New Member

i'm posting all of my 24/7 farmer in ah (mithril ore, jewels and leather) not banned, doing this for about 4 weeks now

made ~50K Gold in 4 weeks...

5. silverjax

silverjax New Member

I post all my herbs -and flasks daily, been doing it for almost 2 years now.. no warnings so far

6. kayes

kayes Active Member

I often have 50 of everything I farm, its not recomended but I just dont care.

7. kaihaider

kaihaider Community Developer

Just watch the AH before you post. The only thing that matters is you don't want to flood the market, piss off the "legit" farmers which will cause them to report you whether your a bot or not. Once there's enough complaints against you, blizzard will take a look.

edit: i'm kind of paranoid so I only post about 5 stacks at a time.

8. namaze

namaze New Member

I personally use to only post a max of 300 of X item (15 stacks). Now, I make that 500, because I just get too much saronite ore. I would like to smelt it and vendor it, but it seems to me that that would get very suspicious, me vendoring 20 or so stacks a day.

9. Morga

Morga Member

When I started using mr fishit a year ago I would post 500 fish a day with no problem, but now I post on various accounts and always on mules higher than level 20

Morga

10. aricias

aricias Member

I really dont care if they ban me or not.

That being said - I had over 100 stacks of borean leather on there the other day, with a total of 400+ auctions of greens, and arctic furs, and iceweb silks, and i've not been banned yet. I've got inactive accounts (and some personal real life friends that bot with me) in my guild though, with full access, so if they ever did ban me, I dont think i'd lose my gold.

11. kaihaider

kaihaider Community Developer

you shouldn't worry about it, it's common for people to do that by hand now. Posting it all just give you a much bigger chance that people will be aggravated and start opening tickets about you. To many tickets = investigation which could = ban hammer

12. 1nfern0

1nfern0 New Member

Personally, I think 15-20 stacks is a sweet spot to maintain constant pricing on the server especially if there are other farmers.
      On my main server, there are several herb farmers and this last couple of weeks have been ridiculous. over the course of 2 days last weekend, 3 farmers, were undercutting each other every couple of hours. with upwards of 150 to 200 stacks of each herb. Lichbloom dropped 45g - 15g per stack. Goldclover 15g to 3g per stack and adder's tongue 17g to 2g per stack. Eternals and frost lotus had similar percentage drops. Saronite was selling for 10g per stack?????

I mailed one of the bots, who actually replied back stating in broken english that he was using auctioneer and thats what it told him to list for. Percentage undercut must have been at 10% or so.

a /who found another of the farmers in Sholazar so I thought I'd go and see what routes he was running. I shit you not, he was running a 2 minute super short run around the southern tower area. I stuck follow on and shadowed him for 2 hours.

Anyway, the relevance of this... don't be a dick and destroy the market. List what ever the market can sustain and relist a couple of times a day if necessary. Times have got to be pretty desperate to dump such quantities and can hardly be worth the game time

13. xhisanax

xhisanax New Member

In my experience, smelt saro into bars and vendor, 15 stacks of other materials per type max at one tme.