• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • How secure is it to bot atm?

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by PoppeIRL, Jun 9, 2013.

1. PoppeIRL

PoppeIRL New Member

Hello, I recently dinged my lvl Rogue and now I am intrested in botting BGS. What are the chances for me getting banned? How safe is it to bot BGS atm should I wait a few weeks?

2. Aerie

Aerie New Member

From my personal knowledge since I joined the HB community last year from what I have read it has never been safe to bot BGs. I have never personally botted BGs because I have only since negative comments regarding botting BGs and usually whenever someone ask about botting BGs it is only met with negativity.

So with that said I would not recommend it.

3. zonpan2lol

zonpan2lol New Member

You can do it, but you should never ever let it 100% afk. I have a few bots running BGs to get gear but sometimes they are too obvious and people starts bitching in chat.

4. kavlantis

kavlantis New Member

I am using GB2 for the last 3 weeks and it looks fine.

5. Anunrah

Anunrah New Member

i lost 2 Accounts by botting in bg's hope i could help ^^

6. m0rf0

m0rf0 Member

It depends on many factors:

1. How much do you bot
      If you just go 24/7 you will be 90% banned in about 48h. Any day further raises the probability 5%, if you want ;-)
      2. Class/Role
      Whereas it's easy to spot a tank botting in BGs, and it can raise lots of attention, I found that botting healers is probably the best option. Use your healing spec (if any) and let it run BGs. You will end up topping healing numbers and, let's be honest, no one would report as a bot the guy that's healing his ass all day. I'm pretty sure some people even know about healbots and leave them do their work...

7. Der

Der New Member

Id like to say that I have had much success botting in bgs. A poster above me here says healers are the least risky of being detected, which is probably true, but i recently just finished a warrior and a dk and with the right addons did not have any issues. From time to time the pathing has issues, but it hasnt affected me yet, hopefully never will. For the record, when i bot bgs, i usually bot for 3-4 days straight with small breaks for "sleep" until i have my full set for the season. I typically bot 100% afk as well, a lot of people suggest against it, but at a certain point when youve got your addons setup and youve watched the bot enough you can run it afk if you wish. I dont recommend it for everyone, but its certainly possible.

I think some part of me wants to get banned though to be honest. I bot on my main account and wont miss it at all if it gets banned. If you would have a terrible day if your account gets banned then youre better off not botting at all.