• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • HOWTO: Get 60-70 in 1 day with HB (98% afk)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by pngwyn, Apr 26, 2011.

1. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

So I posted this in the fastest leveling thread poll, but I thought more people need to see it. Note: The 1 day estimate is with helm, chest, back, and shoulder heirlooms, as well as guild bonus.

I am confident that from 58-70 INSTANCEBUDDY is for sure the fastest leveling method. I have all classes 60-70 with this technique, 1 day for healers, 1.5 days for DPS.

If you're in this range, I HIGHLY suggest trying this method out:

- At 58 you can get into Hellfire Ramparts and you can get anywhere from 250-300k xp/hr. (sometimes get stuck at the stairs part, but stop queueing this at 59 and it's afkable from then on)
      - At 59 queue Blood Furnace then Mana Tombs (these two are 100% afkable) and you can do that all the way to 68 getting about 250-400k xp/hr (Auchenai Crypts[afkable] can be added, ONLY if you are getting instant queues).
      - At 68 Utgarde Keep (also afkable) about 300-450k xp/hr.

If you consider how much time XP it takes at this level to ding, you are getting about 1 level per 1-1.5 hours up to 65, and then a couple hours a level up to 68, then probably a good 4 hours per 68-70.. (my estimates probably suck, but it's fast! Believe me.. :p)

I have literally leveled from 60-70 in a single day through IB with my resto shaman and disc priest. Not to mention, with this method you can be confident your bot isn't messed up after you go afk, and you will also collect a nice set of blues.

For non-healer/tank classes queue times are worse: just mix an "all BC grinding profile" with IB and the XP/hr is only a tad worse than instant-queue xp.

With BC questing profiles I felt lucky to break a consistant 200K xp/hr. I think any other bracket of levels is best accomplished through questing though. Going into LK xp required to level is significantly increased, but the xp you get from LK instances stays similar to the xp/hr in BC.

InstanceBuddy will automatically add new available instances to the queue when you level up, so you gotta make sure to uncheck the other ones as you level. Other instances might be IB afkable, but I found that Blood Furnace and Mana Tombs are the best xp/hr and length for queue time. Auchenai Crypts (afkable) is good too if you have instant queues as a healer/tank, but for longer queues, it's too short of an instance to be worth eating your queue for.

Notice when I say AFKable, it's very little risk for getting reported but sometimes your group dies in a weird spot or HB bugs out you will need to check on it still, but I have been able to leave it for several hours and come back with several more levels. Also turn off requeue with group obviously, and don't loot mobs.

Would love to hear your results. I was always ecstatic when I got to this level bracket because it was always so easy. Just did this for 3 of my characters in the past 3 days so it's up to date for now, using the latest version of HB/IB (.4492).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    2. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

I'm not sure, I haven't tested tanks and IB before. I feel like it's too obvious if a tank does something fishy in groups since EVERYONE relies on them so I haven't been confident afking on a tank. Use with caution :)

3. haxed

haxed New Member

The one problem with Ramparts is the part where it goes up the ramp after the first boss, if the tank goes ahead of you IB doesn't use up and down co-ordinates so sometimes you will lose the tank and walk into the wall and it looks to bottish so i don't really AFK this one, for me Blood Furnace is doable and you can AFK near 100% just make sure your char is decked in greens or something.

4. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

Thanks for including that. I never said ramparts was afkable, but I helped clarify in the OP.

5. _Steve_

_Steve_ New Member

Noob question; What position would a ret pally hold in an instance?

As long as I don't have huge queue times I'll try this once I ding 60

6. haxed

haxed New Member

Queues at that level aren't that long as long as your battlegroup is well populated and as of 4.1 queues should be shorter.

7. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

Can I get like a break down list? I'm leveling a 62 paladin currently, and I have 3 more level 20 paladins coming up so I'd like to try this, probably buy them offspec of healer and queue them up.. If it takes a day I could probably check with teamviewer from my iphone here or there, just need to know what levels to check and move the options around.. much appreciated, I wonder if this is good for 70-80 too, I usually do sholazar 70-80 but it takes me about 2-3 days to get 70-73 since the sholo mobs are 76 but once I hit 73 he flies to 80..

Also what about queueing two bots up with each other? I have two paladins levelign on same server atm, I could have one go ret and other holy or would be faster to solo holy queue?

And what CC are you using for paladins? advanced conv + kick's holy paladin leveling settings?

8. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

Yup, what haxed said.

Also this isn't just the fastest technique for HB'ers. For hand leveling, instances are still where it's at for this bracket, so you will have a lot of queue'ers anyways.

Uhh I haven't memorized what level new instances become available. I think Mana Tombs is available at 63, Blood Furnace 59, Auchenai at 64?

It's not good for 70-80, I explain why in the OP. If anyone wanna makes one, please do :) I find LK 70-80 as the biggest pain using HB. Though I guess for afk-ness, you can 100% afk Nexus and Utgarde Keep (those are the only ones I have tested), but it's gonna take you a LOOONG time with the shoddy xp in there at that level.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    9. haxed

haxed New Member

The best form of 100% afk is archeology if you do IB with quests and have time to check your bot this is so much faster.

10. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

Will try that out, you mean for 70-80? I haven't had much luck afking archaeology in the past. I usually come back to my bot committing to a never ending search at a single dig site. It's probably made some advances though :)

11. haxed

haxed New Member

Yes because at 70 you can get an epic flying mount, you get a nice amount of gold aswell which gets you ready for 80-85. If your getting stuck just use the eastern kingdoms or look which site you were trying to dig and then blacklist it. I have had a character running arch from level 60 (DK ofc) and not had to do anything with it, you don't need gear because aslong as you don't take it over 375 skill then you will only meet low level mobs.

12. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

At what level would you say archeology bot is a viable way to level? Ive never done archeo, but if you're saying its faster then I might try it out :p

13. randomnewb

randomnewb Member

im doing the archeo thing now but im still at ~230 skill but its looking good imo

14. haxed

haxed New Member

You can do it as soon as you can fly imo, as a paladin in a guild with mount speed its decent it just depends how fast you want to actually level.

15. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

No one gets nervous at how the bot someones does a double back (turns around walks one way then turns back the other way and walks towards the tank)?

16. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

In which instance? A lot of people don't know that bots are capable of running instances. Some possible evidence of this: I have done stuff as stupid as spamming PW: Fort on a healer because of a CC issue and most people just thought I was an idiot, but not a bot. I have also encountered times where people tried to speak to me when I was doing something stupid, or not doing something they were asking... they mostly assumed I was either an idiot or non-lingual lol

I highly doubt a little double back once in a while would be suspect.

17. Azucar

Azucar Member

Started using IB a week ago and its great, im a level 40 feral druid queueing for DPS, its pretty muck 90% afk'able. But i use random dungeon finder for a bit more xp and the satchel of goodies, is this not recommemded? Also should I be healing instead? any good CC's for drood and pally heals?

If i found a good afk alliance questing profile I would mix them.

18. movah

movah New Member

Just curious buy why set "Don't loot mobs" ?? Wouldn't it be better to loot, and sometimes party members ask me to loot.

Also haxed you mentioned doing archeology, and IB with quests, if I'm reading that correctly. couple of things... can IB do instance quests ? also while waiting on instance to come up instead of grinding you can do archeology ?

Thanks for this post, some good info in here.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    19. SkitchSketch

SkitchSketch New Member

Does the xp increase with Arch as you get higher up? I'm level 70 and I'm only at 55 but I'm not yielding a great amount of exp yet.

20. Protease

Protease New Member

xp for archy (unless they secretly patched it in 4.1) is dependent only on your level. It may not be THE fastest way to level, but it is one of the most afk-able ways and safest ways since you're in and out of each site in a minute or so.