• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • I maybe onto something here

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by fish221171, Mar 1, 2011.

1. fish221171

fish221171 Member

Guys,

I am not sure if I am onto something here but read-on and I need someone else to test this for me.
      I have a friend who lives in Bulgaria and I got him to logon to my account which then triggered the following email:

Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account xxxxxxxxxxxx has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Secure Your Computer
      In the event that your computer has been infected with malicious software such as a keylogger or trojan, simply changing your password may not deter future attacks without first ensuring that your computer is free from these programs. Please visit our Account Security website to learn how to secure your computer from unauthorized access.

Step 2: Secure Your E-mail Account
      After you have secured your computer, please create a new password for your e-mail account since it may also be compromised. Be sure to check your e-mail filters and rules and look for any e-mail forwarding rules that you did not create. For more information on securing your e-mail account, visit this Support page.

Step 3: Choose a New Password
      You must change your password in order to resume using this Battle.net account. Please click this link to choose a new password:
      https://www.battle.net/account/support/password-reset.html
      *Note that your former password no longer grants access to Battle.net account management, World of Warcraft, or any other login-protected Battle.net account service.
      If you still have questions or concerns after following the steps above, feel free to contact Customer Support at Blizzard Support.

Sincerely,
      The Battle.net Account Team
      Online Privacy Policy

As you can see this locked us both out, so before I followed the mail I phone them up. I was told that it was due to a different IP address change but the guy on the phone could not tell what country it was from. He then asked me if I run the Curse Client, and I said yes (which I do BTW).

He told me that they have seen a lot of accounts hacked and all have curse client (this was his view btw). I don't share that view tbh, but we could use this as a tool to get our banned accounts back :)

I went and followed the mail to get the account up and running again. No problems.
      The first thing here is that IP address changes from a different country flagged this account for it to be locked until I retreived it.

So this got me thinking about my account (which I do BOT on alot). I was thinking about doing this every few weeks, so If I get caught botting I could just say it was not me and blame a hack. You also have proof with a mail from Blizz and a ticket :)

I know this is a long shot but I thought I would just share this with the botting community and it would be great if someone could test this out as well.

Thanks

2. Frayvel

Frayvel New Member

What he's saying about curse client is true.
      There was a securitiy lag and many many viruses and hacks came through curse client!
      Greetings Frayvel
      P.S.: Sorry bad english :S

3. herbyscrub

herbyscrub New Member

I've gotten my account temp locked for that IP reason. I swapped between two different VPNs, one in Florida and one in Chicago, a few minutes apart.