• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • i5 3570k at 80% load for 8 wow, need some tips.

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by nyxes, Dec 30, 2012.

1. nyxes

nyxes Banned

So I have a cpu i5 3570k not overclocked, 16 gb 1833 mhz ram.

I have put wow to all the lowest settings, limited the fps to 24 fps.

But I am at 80% load at peak. Any tips on how to lower this?

Seeing that i7 3770k can handle 16+ bots, i was thinking that I should be at around 12-14?

Anything else I can tweak?

2. nyxes

nyxes Banned

There has to be someone here that knows some tricks? In d3 its lower fps, lower graphics and play with the d3prefs config and bam u get super low cpu usage. How is it in wow tho?

Lower fps and graphics in wow windows, make window smaller and what else can u tinker with?

3. kavlantis

kavlantis New Member

get windows 7 lite

Dont expect to much from i5

4. brainAbuddy

brainAbuddy Active Member

downlaod systemcare6 en use the smart scan. it's easy and efectife

5. nyxes

nyxes Banned

Apoc says i5 is almost the same as i7 when it comes to number of bots it can handle.

6. kavlantis

kavlantis New Member

Prove him right then.

7. Aicd99

Aicd99 New Member

Limit your fps to 8. It is the lowest it will go in the System tab and it works just fine.

Also, turn all details down and disable sound in each wow window. I have an old ass dual core processor and 4g ram and I can run 4 with those settings. It damn near locks up my system, but you should be able to run 8 with no problem on that system. You aren't using the onboard video are you?

8. MadDog

MadDog Well-Known Member

honorbuddy ticks at 15 TPs. no point having higher fps than that

9. skules

skules New Member

In terms of CPU usage an i5 is nowhere near the same as an i7.

10. Valen

Valen New Member

i5 3570k = 7146 passmark
      i7 3770k = 9633 passmark

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

they aren't that far apart, seems lke the i7 is 30% faster or so.

11. 10gez10

10gez10 Member

Since your basing your statistics on one page that may differ to other benchmark results on other websites, may not be completely correct. Assuming you know the i7 sandy and ivy bridge both have 4 physical core and 8 virtual cores in total allowing the processes to executing double the speed of any software actually support 8 cores. Since its WoW where talking about having the programming running in 32bit will use my memory usage than 64bit (coco programming) would be ideal but honorbuddy doesn't fully support 64bit so that would be out of the question. Having the fps set between 15-20fps and dx9 enabled rather than dx11 will make a huge performance boost for your system especially your cpu.

One part you haven't mentioned is your GPU this can also be an addition as to why your cpu is using more processing tasks than it should be. By having a relatively good GPU can transfer some of task done my cpu rather than just creating, rendering and environment with high amount of content. Can you provide us with your GPU type and specs?

Otherwise besides changing API settings on launcher and system settings you should be able to manage min 8-10 bots quite happily with i5 assuming you have the right setup otherwise with i7 easily 12-14

== IMPORTANT ==

You DONT need to overclock manually if you dont feel up to it but i highly suggest you have hyperthreading enabled within the bios settings depending on the motherboard vendor you have, it is available to ONLY i5 and i7 processes.

Hope this helps

12. subrand0m

subrand0m New Member

The major difference between the i5 and the i7 series, is that the i5 does not have hyper threading. This is souly a i7 feature, hence the difference of the cpus.

I can run 3 wows small res and 1 wow 1920x1080 on my main screen with no major cpu issues and I have the i7-3770k but I am close to 55%, this could be because I have it all on normal to high Gfx, my GPU is a amd hd 7970. So I would say running 8 wows at 80% of your cpu is not that bad.

13. nyxes

nyxes Banned

I have a radeon 7750 2 gb. ill try that dx9 thingy i guess and lowering fps down to 15. Last time i tried 8 fps. the bot could not questing or do anything at all.

i5 doesnt have hyperthreading, its only i7 no? Yes i have ivy bridge, this is with 0 overclock tho. I think if I overclock I can probs squeeze in a few more .

14. huntersmoon

huntersmoon New Member

That does sound about right. I'm sure you know how a CPU works and operates in allocating its time between tasks.

On this one you can correct me as i'm not 100% but I am sure I read the i3 and i7 support hyper threading and the i5 doesn't which in turn would have a knock on effect with the amount of client's that you can run at any given time. The i5 is designed for gaming purposes so a single client in mind as opposed to more than 1.

If you really did want to run 5+ client's I always say an i7 or preferably an AMD FX-8350 or 8320 (8 core to handle more tasks).

Some ways you might be able to clear some head room is to check what processes your computers running and stop them (anti-virus, Malware, Add-ons to both WoW & other programs that use CPU resources, stop unnecessary services etc)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    15. 10gez10

10gez10 Member

Personally i thought it did but obviously not, still quite surprised it doesnt tbh. having an SSD would be huge addition to your setup probably reduce time it takes to execute tasks assuming you would have the OS and WoW on the same drive.

16. Jason S

Jason S Banned

I dont know what you guys are doing with your PCs but I can run eight bots on a shitty AMD Athlon II X4 3,2GHz (Quadcore) and surf on the internet with Firefox.

17. skules

skules New Member

/facepalm, really? you consider 30% not that far apart?

18. GGarcia

GGarcia Member

why are you using 16GB 1833 RAM

19. subrand0m

subrand0m New Member

because the other 2 ram slots are not working right and I cant load all 32 gigs in. Also I do have a SSD, the issue is I only run my main wow from my ssd not my other bots. I need a bigger SSD or another 1.

20. ripglider

ripglider New Member

I'm running 2 WOWs on high settings with shadows turned down. Fullscreen on a 28" and 24" with 2 Hbs, few tabs in Chrome, email program, and all my misc background crap. I'm jumping between 6% and 11% CPU usage. I'm running a 3770k OC'd to 4.3ghz with 8gb skill 1600 ram and a IceQ 7870. I'm at 58% ram right now so I definitely need more ram if I want to do more.

WOW is supposedly more CPU than GPU but your GPU would help take some of the weight off the CPU. The difference between an i5 and i7 is not supposed to be much for gaming, from what I've read, but I think that is based more on GPU intensive games. I would say turn any other setting down you can and OC anything you can. That CPU OCs easily and can handle some heat.