• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • If I wanted to make an assist bot, would it need to be a plugin or something else?

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by avarel007, Feb 16, 2014.

1. avarel007

avarel007 New Member

Hello. I got everything setup to start coding in my efforts to make a bot that will simply:

1. Follow a party member when outside of combat.
      2. Assist that party member in combat with a normal combat routine.
      3. Attack whatever that party member is attacking.

Which would be a very basic assist bot. However, I'm quite new to Reborn Buddy and the Buddy bots in general, so I'm still confused on what exactly is that I have to make. I'm guessing it's not a Combat Routine since the "Follow party member outside of combat" part would not work. I'm guessing it's got to be a new module similar to "Combat Assist", "Grinding" etc., but how does one go about making one of these? Is there an interface they must implement? And how would I add one to the bot menu? Or should it be a plugin?

I'm guessing if I could find the "Grinding" module I could possibly alter it to add the follow functionality, but I'm not sure if these "modules" are possible to alter at all.

Thanks!

2. Yasuko

Yasuko Member

I'm not too familiar with RB yet.. I've dabbed into it a little bit, but my main suggestion would be to look at honorbuddy and see basic ideas of how their plugins and stuff work.. the concept should be the same, but of course the methods and calls would be different.. It might give you a good base on where to start.

3. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

You'd want to make a bot base. Look at the included raidbot for a basic example.

4. Twist

Twist Community Developer

This is not only possible but not very difficult. My HealBot currently does this.