• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Is it better to have a guild?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Balain415, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Balain415

Balain415 New Member

Just started botting recently. When my character hit level 20 or so I figured it would look weird if I did not have a guild so I joined some rinky dink guild. I left shortly after because I reasoned that if I got on anyone's friends list then the would see that I was spending an inordinate amount of time playing WoW. Plus it opens me up to tells from guildies.

I would prefer to bot without a guild and have been thinking of creating an empty vessel guild just so that it doesn't look weird but I would worry that to Blizz it might look even more suspicious if an investigation were to happen.

How do experienced botters handle this problem?

TY in advance!

2. cynyde70

cynyde70 New Member

By creating your own guild.

3. haxed

haxed New Member

If you want to level faster and gain the perks yeah... i think people without guilds looks a bit more dodgy anyway.

4. zuabros

zuabros Active Member

not being in a guild is a major flag for botting. Create your own guild, and use guildinviter plugin to keep it to 1000 members. use guild kicker addon to kick inactive members every 30 days. you will also have the benefits of guild perks.

5. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

i think that being in a reputable guild is a lot better than no guild, or a botting guild

6. Ripperpt

Ripperpt New Member

Same opinion of kick all my farm bots are in a guild level 23 :D and my leveling ones in a 12 and are good guilds, and they kwon what i do.

7. chemical

chemical Active Member

I say for your Farmer get on the biggest guild on your server, one with 900 + members... you should have your own guild as well for banking needs, no way you should have enough storage without your own guild bank.

8. chemical

chemical Active Member

900+ members you aren't likely to get noticed

9. Sash

Sash Member

I have two accounts and 3 guilds with only own twinks. When I am botting with both accounts I do some schizophrenicv things^^ I speak with myself in gchat or in whispermodus, so noone off Blizz can say that I have a raw climate in my guild^^

10. Thumped

Thumped New Member

All my toons are in the same guild, Guild lvl23 and the officers and GM know what i am doing, and i do the same as Sash. I talk to myself in gchat and in whispers. Even downloaded AGT and modified it a bit to have conversations between my bots. I did about 5 to 6 pre-scripted conversations. Hell i even gave them identities in the guild with made up names...

11. chemical

chemical Active Member

LOL that's great, I just tell my self grats and ty for achievements... Good TImes

12. jawn

jawn Member

i agree with chemical.. getting in at least one large guild and having your own off guild for storage/gold laundering is ideal... any guild over 200 members usually has ALOT of 'non-communicative' members that speak at various times. Figure out when they are most active (depends alot on what time zone your realm is in). Plan your botting (well the majority of it) around those times.. that way while your working on your bot, you can communicate with your guild and as long as you work your bot smart.. you'll be almost undetectable by the neked eye. This is a proven method.. and also, is very nice for use on your main accounts.

But know that botting on your main account does pose alot of risk of loss to you so you do it at your own risk

13. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

I jsut join random guilds for XP perk all way until about 70, thats when I do gb2 leveling and the perks are only for quest/combat, so I make my own guild then for future farm deposits

14. jawn

jawn Member

i'd still stick with them until you reach 85.. cause that aditional XP boost will help no matter what just use a nother toon to handle your gv... plus that way you can get rep enough to get heirlooms from that main guild when they are high enough level.. and since the BoAs stay with you even if you leave the guild.. it has added benefit in the long run.

Gotta think full thru :) your shorting yourself ALOT of benefits by leaving at lvl 70....

15. bubbleboy34

bubbleboy34 Member

Well I would say that it is better to not be guilded while botting... It does not look that sispicious to not have a guild but if you do and other guild members see you online ALOT, not answering PMs... Then that's really bad. I personally just create a guild for all my characters on each server to not look that strange when I'm botting...

16. chemical

chemical Active Member

as another Poster said... Big guild for Perks while lvling, your own guild while farming. Thats my advice as well

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
    17. Balain415

Balain415 New Member

Thanks for the input. Yesterday I joined a random guild that had about 200 members and was offering gold for signups. I doubt that anyone will notice me while leveling. When I start farming it will be easy enought to make my own guild just to keep up appearances.