• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Just had four seperate accounts banned

Discussion in 'Archives' started by 5542Jaded, Sep 1, 2011.

1. 5542Jaded

5542Jaded New Member

1)Were you using Honorbuddy, Gatherbuddy or both on the account?

Gatherbuddy and Gatherbuddy 2

2)If so, when was the last time?:

Yesterday

3)What profile were you using?:

Tony's Uldum, Hyjal and Twilight Highlands

4)What combat class were you using? if None Just put Default then the Classname:

Default Warlock
      Default Priest

5)What plugins are you using?:

6)How many hours per day did you bot for?:

6.5)What honest percentage of time did you supervise your bot?

5%

7)How many auctions per day did you have?:

None on these accounts

8)Did you Use Any Other Bots, Hacks, or Mods?

No

9)Was your account involved in gold selling?

None on these accounts

10)EU or US realm?

US

The weird thing to me is that these accounts were all banned at once. I mean don't get me wrong I've had them farming since early WotLK so I definitively got my money's worth on that. None of the accounts had every had an infraction before either. I read somewhere that if Blizzard find one account on the b.net to be suspicious then they only investigate / take action on that one account but all four of these were on the same account so either they've been sitting on reports for a while or maybe they triggered some Warden auto bans? Either way because these accounts are in no way related to my main account I'll be appealing it.

2. chemical

chemical Active Member

well i have multi accounts on one account.. only one has been banned before , while other were still playing..

3. Scarlettey

Scarlettey New Member

5 %? Well that sucks Breh. you should try to supervize your accounts more and try Getting a whisper plugin so if you get whispered and then you get reported you can have a 40 % chance less getting banned i believe

4. seafunk

seafunk New Member

"Tony's Uldum, Hyjal and Twilight Highlands", 16h/d unsupervised? Well surprise surprise. ;)

5. 5542Jaded

5542Jaded New Member

Yeh they were gold farming accounts lol. I've had this batch of farmers for at least 2 years probably 3 and I was always okay with them getting banned. I'll just sell gold, bot up new accounts and get back in it.

I only posted this thread because a) I found it odd that all four were banned at the exact same time and b) they were closed for 'economy exploitation'. In my experience if blizzard thinks you're botting then they say 'hacks and exploits' if they know you're botting they say 'automated software'

Oh and in relation to the above comment I use Prat to record all my logs even if the character DCs so I never miss a tell

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    6. jungly

jungly New Member

to me I always get
      <gold selling> email .. even though my BOTS never trade/chat/or even speak to anyone. My bankalts, never get banned, yet they horde all the gold

I will appeal

tomorow they'll respond with
      <Botting> email

I'll appeal again

they respond after tomorow with
      <Perma Ban Account Closed>

7. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

Tony's Uldum, Hyjal and Twilight Highlands'

sounds like that profile get pegged, its always good to make your own profiles when farming rather then relying on pre-made ones.

8. haia8

haia8 New Member

I think when they are investigating the reports, they also check where this reported account has connected from what IP adress. Which they later on checks if some other accounts has been playing on.

9. 5542Jaded

5542Jaded New Member

Other accounts I've been playing on (and have botted on) from that IP have not had action taken against them. This doesn't mean that what you said isn't true, just saying what has happened in my circumstance.

10. eagles2010

eagles2010 Member

People .just my 2c yet again about this...but it is such a common theme. If you bot 16 hours a day ...every day and other people see you in the zone all day long farming the same thing over and over and over....what in the world do you expect to happen?

11. bob2k

bob2k New Member

And posting tons of mats, that don't relate to your professions at all, is also a bit of a give away (especially when you do it regularly), eg: Yarnok on Durotan (EU) :confused:

12. 5542Jaded

5542Jaded New Member

People keep making posts like these but they're irrelevant. These were gold farming accounts. You use them to make gold, then you sell the gold. When they get banned you buy new ones. The cost of doing business. You make way more than you spend.

The reason for this forum isn't for people to cry about being banned. Its because Blizzard doesn't tell people how they ban people or the reasons or criteria for banning. We've got a pretty good idea because people who have been banned share their experience. This forum is for people to share the context in which they were banned and for new players to ask questions about their ban so they can learn about how bans happen.

13. Bioern

Bioern Member

Did you have any other accounts running on that machine at the time these four were banned?

Could also be that a GM investigated one of the accounts saw the 3 others on the same mac adress and decided to close them too.
      I think even Bossland stated once that he believes Blizzard bans whole mac-adresses from time to time.

14. Aressandoro

Aressandoro Member

Just bot with the brain... I used bots for 3 years and never banned.

15. eagles2010

eagles2010 Member

Jaded I understand your point and why you do it, however, my point was that these posts always seem to lead into theories about IP addresses and warden ...the list goes on. Some of these may be factors at some point, but I still believe it comes down to how you use the bot.

16. 5542Jaded

5542Jaded New Member

No I didn't have any other accounts going on at the time. The four accounts were all on the one b.net account. I've been botting several other accounts lately too for my friends doing archeology for them etc and they have not been banned. Its interesting that Blizzard will ban mac-addresses. I would have expected a ban based on IP but not mac-address. Regardless all the accounts that were banned were botting on a special computer I have set up for the purpose because they are my gold farmers they are running most of the time and I don't bot them on my main computer.

17. Vastico

Vastico New Member

I made my own profile it's so easy! You should try it!! I mined 953 iron nodes last night!!

18. 5542Jaded

5542Jaded New Member

I agree to a point. However I've been running these farmers for 100+ hours a week for over 3 years now. I don't think I'm doing something overly wrong, its just a case of if you bot you'll get caught eventually.

19. Bioern

Bioern Member

There are too many IPs that belong to networks everyone has access to (Hotspots,Internet Cafes,etc) so that there would be a high risk of also baning non-boters .
      The mac-adress is very safe for Blizzard in that point.
      Are you giong to appeal the bans?

20. 5542Jaded

5542Jaded New Member

Yes I will appeal the bans. It costs me nothing to appeal them at this point. The only other accounts on that b.net account are also banned. When I buy some more accounts to get back in it then I'll start a new b.net account too.

When they ban the mac-address does this mean I can't ever log into wow from that mac-address ever again?