• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Just recently returned to WoW and want to bot again.

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by tthientran, Jun 3, 2013.

1. tthientran

tthientran New Member

Hi, I was wondering if its still safe to bot despite the "banwaves" occuring.

I mainly plan to use honorbuddy to get pvp gear on my main and maybe do some gathering to get gold. I also am in a low populated server. My questions are, is it relatively safe to gather overnight? Which is the "safest" method to bot without getting caught.

Any tips on how to discretely use these bots would be appreciated.

2. Razer1993

Razer1993 New Member

hey!

There are no bans waves as such, just more people botting than before and all using the same paths, therefore, more players know what to look for in a bot, and more player reports.

HB is still undetectable. If it was detected. ALL of us would have been banned. Same for this path detection. Many people use kicks without ban then some people use it for level 1-5 and get banned. Its all about if you were running in a circle for 10 minutes and been reported by a player.

BGbuddy, is'nt as safe as it used to be due to bots running in the same path or have certain twitches. People spot this within 30 seconds and tell everyone in the Bg to report you.

GB is also very unsafe at the moment. Especially if you are mining crazy amounts.

Overall. The safest option of all is not to bot. BUT If you want to bot, then do it smartly. Don't over do it playing 72 hours straight. Don't go AFK, always watch your toon so if hes stuck you can give him a guide in the correct way. I bot off and on through the day as if i was a man with too much spare time. i don't leave it running silly hours, and if i get a /w about being a bot, im there to reply, "nah just new to the game :) so i still suck a bit."

Overall, i use Questing with kicks. Avoid GB and i do think BGbuddy is a bit unsafe ATM, but they are working on some changes i believe :)

I would recommend the addons jumpy and LogMeOut.

Jumpy randomly jumps for you, making you a bit more player like. Log me out logs out with certain triggers (/w from players/GM, certain level, certain amount of stucks etc)

Just be smart, you'll be fine, but don't bot on anything you can't afford to loose. There's a sale on the Battlechest for ?3 so maybe pick that up if you dont want your main account banned :)

Enjoy!

3. capo_65

capo_65 New Member

Where is this sale on battlechest? Its 10? as I see.

4. Razer1993

Razer1993 New Member

Give me a moment, I'll link it :)
      Unsure if the sale expired

5. Razer1993

Razer1993 New Member

6. theclash150

theclash150 Member

Please don't say things like this when you have no proof. It's not just about player reports anymore. There is clearly something going on behind the scenes server-side that's catching repetitive action but it by no means can immediately catch a player with absolute certainty while they're questing due to nature of questing involving less repetitive movement characteristics. The old "bot safe" mentality isn't always enough anymore.

7. Razer1993

Razer1993 New Member

Fair Enough, it maybe they flag you, and if you are reported then you are banned, but until you annoy a player, you can keep going, but, if you check the ban section and most of them that are banned are either using GB or went AFK while leveling and put a load of auctions on. Only a handful get banned that were monitoring 99.9% and botted 6 hours a day.

But as you said, they have something in the background e.g warden

8. theclash150

theclash150 Member

Warden has nothing to do with the recent GB2 bans. I also strongly disagree that player reports are a requirement for getting banned. The people that go AFK while GBing are typically the same people who use public profiles which would explain the higher banrate. Public profiles produce a higher initial LCP because the waypoints of the profiles are potentially already logged by Blizzard's server.

9. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

just bot 24/7 without taking breaks.

glad i could help you,
      straw