• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Just wondering why it takes so much longer for HB to update VS our competition?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by lukeyboy89, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. lukeyboy89

lukeyboy89 New Member

Alright, not here to bash the developers, i just want to know what the actual reason behind this is, our arch nemesis was up and running swiftly after the hotfix patch earlier today, yet we still aren't. Whats the reasoning behind this? Is updating offsets for HB harder than other bots?

2. frostfire

frostfire Member

Nope. It would take a developer minutes at most to make the changes needed, likely. I think whoever is doing the development just hasn't been bothered to do it yet, IMHO. Sucks... but probably good for my accounts to get a rest :D

3. pbettell

pbettell Member

4. Truman422

Truman422 Member

Could be that the developers are Europe server based, and they didn't get a patch today, so its probably 100x harder to update something you don't have the update for. Just guessing though.

5. Ukmonkey

Ukmonkey Member

The hotfix that prevent US customer's bots from working hasn't hit Europe yet where the developers live. They did update the bots rather quickly following the patch on Tuesday, Gatherbuddy was working the day of and 1 day later Honorbuddy worked too. I cannot speak of the complexity of what they do to dissect the each patch but I am sure it is not simply finding the pointers without testing security.

6. lukeyboy89

lukeyboy89 New Member

To me (since it hasn't really been explained publicly - via announcement). The Buddy team is deciding to fix some more bugs before releasing a compatible version. My only issue with this is, why not just update the offsets to the 4001 version for people to use over the time period it takes you to release another stable version? What happens if Blizzard missed another critical bug that needs patching in 2 days time? Does that mean we yet again, have to wait another 24+ hours for the offsets to be updated? (it hasn't been 24hours, but it's looking like it will be).

I wouldn't be bringing this up if other bots had the same issue with timing, as it would be normal, but currently they have a US version of the bot and a EU version to satisfy there customers (due to US being patched first).

7. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

better take abit longer then get a banwave like those others;)

8. frostfire

frostfire Member

I've seen the updates.

IMHO its very very bad business to add features when the bot is down.

I love features... they make HB what it is: The best bot out there right now. But I would rather have HB working for the latest patch then have a few new features added at the cost of 2 days of not being able to bot.

Sounds like the devs are not using any kind of source control... otherwise it would be a simple matter to pull from build 4001, update the offsets for the new patch and release leaving out the new features being worked on. Thats what I would have done, and what I do many times per year when we have to release a hotfix for something or other.

Anyway - /rant off. As I said, its probably a good thing my accounts get a break, but I don't have to like it.

9. lickalime

lickalime New Member

I think that means they know what there doing :p

10. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Unlike most other bots on the market, we take the time to do our research before giving out builds.

We have roughly 3000 offsets to update each patch. Which roughly 200 or so require us to manually find/verify as correct.

On top of that, we also need to verify that structures haven't changed, and more importantly; implementations haven't changed.

After all thats done, we make sure Blizz didn't sneak something into the client under our noses.

Updating for a new patch takes ~3hrs or so (assuming its not a big patch).

Ensuring nothing is broken, and nothing sneaky has changed, takes about another 3-4hrs.

With that said; we had a few bugs in the last release, which we figured we'd get fixed before releasing a new build. And truth be told; they were required.

It's not that we *want* the bot to be down, trust us, we don't. But it's better for everyone if we're not releasing crappy builds because of a patch.

11. Ukmonkey

Ukmonkey Member

I do not know where you got the information about them fixing bugs but if they are it is because those bugs came up after they tried to update or were overdue. Putting out a US version and an EU version when 2 days later it is a unified version would cause confusion again, especially on new customers. It would be nice if they used both the US and EU clients but then they need another account to test the bots in a real test, that means they need to buy an account or bot one for a very small benefit.

12. lukeyboy89

lukeyboy89 New Member

Awesome, all i was wanting was an explanation :). Do you have a current list of bug-fix's for the new build? I figure if we can't use the bot yet, you may as well make us excited about using the new version :)

13. lukeyboy89

lukeyboy89 New Member

Trial accounts are free, and i would assume a company that earns this amount of money would have a few test accounts lying around. Apoc explained the situation already probably while you where typing your message :p

14. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

there will be a change log along with the new version, however at this time he dosnt even have one, so theres no sense in making things up

CHANGE LOG:
      Bug Fixes Many bugs... handled them!

that was me trying to be funny, in case people didnt get it.

15. A1l3n

A1l3n New Member

Well that went over my head.

16. Apoc

Here's a small snippet of the changelog for the next build - note: it's nowhere near complete. (I'm still trying to remember my changes!)

Code:
      FIX - You should no longer be booted out of HB when an auth server is having 'issues'.
      FIX - WoWMovement.MoveStop() should properly stop you from moving forward/backward again.
      FIX - Plugins/CCs/Bots using the AddRef compiler option will no longer try to load the same assembly twice.
      FIX - Quests with item collection requirements should work properly again.
      FIX - MountHelper should no longer throw exceptions when a mount return value is poorly formatted - WoW Lua related.
      FIX - WoWObject.WorldPosition will now return a proper position. - Resolves issues with units/players on transports or vehicles.
      FIX - WoWPartyMember.Role will now return a correct role.

FIX - BG Bot banner logic fixed.
      FIX - BG Bot will now pay attention to the "Target Mounted Players" option.
      FIX - Removed some debugging messages from BG Bot, and moved others to the actual Debug log.
      FIX - BG Bot will now go to the opposing factions flag in WSG by default.
      FIX - BG Bot - WSG has 3 new areas - in front of each base, and mid-field.
      FIX - BG Bot - should properly try to attack the enemy flag carrier again.
      FIX - BG Bot will now mount while waiting at a gate to open.
      FIX - BG Bot target selection logic should work properly again.
      FIX - BG Bot hotspot range has been increased to 30 yards, up from 5. This should solve attacking incoming players -> running back to the hotspot instead.
      FIX - BG Bot can now queue for 2 BGs again. (Excluding if you have checked Random Battleground, of course)

ADD - LocalPlayer.PartyMemberInfos - to compliment RaidMemberInfos. Use PartyMemberInfos when you only need information about your current party.
      ADD - BG Bot will now capture banners in AB and BFG.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
    17. A1l3n

A1l3n New Member

"ADD - BG Bot will now capture banners in AB and BFG."

You sir made my day. Thats all I ever wanted in the PvP bot.

18. Redwolf

Redwolf New Member

Did you fix the issue with the FP's? How it would say 'learning new FP' when 'use FP's' was checked? It would just keep it open and not fly. very very very very annoying...

19. Apoc

Do you have a log from when this happened? And at which FP?

20. swiny

swiny Banned

just to back up what apoc says,
      im SURE you can understand

300 x these kind of offsets. going threw the client trying to find them. 3000 that ALWAYS change EVERY patch.
      it does take time to try and find them. yes there are a community who get these offset and apoc is one of the main people,
      but not always are correct and manualy need to find the offsets which look like this ( 0xD9B96C ) and to make sure everything runs fine.

this is example
      its not fun trying to find new offsets. and making sure they work correctly!

enum CoolDown // 4-0-6A
      {
      GlobalCooldown = 0xD9B96C,
      PerformanceCounter = 0xCC14DC,
      }

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.