• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Leveling with archaeology

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by texasblackrose, Oct 11, 2011.

1. texasblackrose

texasblackrose New Member

I am currently leveling 2 bots from 70-80 with archaeology and was wonder if i should change them to outlands or northrend as they get higher and higher in their profession? will this change the XP they get?

2. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

leveling my bots at old areas till 85

3. Malice211

Malice211 Member

The XP is the same in all zones and increases as you level your toon. XP is based only on the level of your toon, not the level of your archeology skill. However, I like to level my toons until 80 in the old world zones and then switch to Northrend and Outlands from 80 to 85 just to get all the items that are available from the profession. Most of it is junk but there are a few items that are fun. Plus you get acheives for the different zones.

4. Altoids

Altoids New Member

Here's a follow on question for those that have done this alot. I've been moving my toon to Outlands to level Archeology from 80-85 cause from what I read, the Cata archeology zones open up and... well, it's not pretty if our toon should go into TH at level 81... lol

so, are those other zones all a certain type that we can blacklist to ensure that our toon doesn't wander where he will surely get killed post haste?

5. jsmith

jsmith New Member

I always level them with max arch 275 in Eastern Kingdoms.. Works like charm..

6. TouchMeGently

TouchMeGently Member

Note that you gain bonus XP if toon status is rested. I'm leveling multipe toons from 80-85 and I just rotate them once the rested xp is depleted.

7. birgppa

birgppa New Member

Is this method still viable? How much faster/slower would you say this is compared to questing/bgs? AV weekend coming up :)

8. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

you can get from 250k to 400k per hour(fast mount)

9. birgppa

birgppa New Member

At level 70? Seems pretty good, currently I'm getting about 250k/hr at 69 with kicks 58-70. Gonna let it level to 70 so I can get the swift flight form and then try it out :)

10. jsmith

jsmith New Member

Don't forget that Arch is 100% AFKable..

11. greaterdeath

greaterdeath New Member

Huh. I've been levelling 3 toons 70-80, all had fastest flying available, and arch gave them around 200k/hr while questing gives them around 400k-500k/hr. Don't know about bg's but AV CTA is coming up =)

12. Malice211

Malice211 Member

When it comes to botting I like to keep the safety of my toons in mind. Concerning battlegrounds, I in no way consider them safe to bot. There are too many diehard pvp folks out there just looking to call out the screw-ups and having my little bot out there running around the battleground in a definable pattern, running head long into a pack of enemy toons with no backup just looks bottish to me. In comparison, Arch is 100% afk-able, you seldom see anyone around you and you can level quickly with rested bonus and fast flight. I just consider arch much safer overall. Even if pvp gave 5 times the xp that arch does I would still arch instead of pvp.

Of course this is just based on my own experiences with PVP vs arch. I have taken about 10 toons now from 60 to 85 with Arch and never had any issue. On the odd occasions that I have attempted to level via PVP I have found that I get less xp on average and I have had my toon called out for mistakes on several occasions. The fact that I replied right away kept me safe but I dread what may have happened if I had tried pvp afk.

Remember it is not all about speed. Botting is intended to free up your time so that you can be away from the game doing other things while you level or gather mats. Even if arch takes you an extra couple of days to get to 85, they are all afk days where you only have to hit 1 button to start your bot and then walk away.

13. greaterdeath

greaterdeath New Member

Yea, and I have noticed lately "real" pvp'ers are catching on/calling out the fact that other players in the bg are not simply stupid and/or bad players...

14. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

How much slower is doing this with a 150% speed flying mount? I just started with HB this week, and i don't have the gold to buy the 280% speed mount yet... I'm leveling a DK with AB, and it has been great so far... But i don't get the amount of XP i see you guys are getting, so, i presume the issue has to be the mount...

15. jsmith

jsmith New Member

I get around 200k at 70-80 and then around 400k at 80-85 with 150% flying speed.

16. Gauge

Gauge New Member

I don't know about 100% afkable, cause I use arch quite a bit on my rested toons, but in eastern kingdoms I find myself stuck in trees a lot and on bridge near arathi highlands

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk