• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Looking for some real advice regarding a cpu for botting rigs with dungeonbuddy

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Angelus, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Angelus

Angelus Member

Please refrain from posting if you don't know what you are talking about.

I am looking for someone who knows his stuff around CPUs or has the knowledge to advise me.

I am looking for some more cpu power and best bang for buck.

This guy runs a 4670k overclocked at 4,5 Ghz and has the following resources in usage;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am running a 2600k overclocked at 4,5 Ghz and have the following resources in usage;

[​IMG]

And this claims to be running a 8350 overclocked at 4,5 Ghz and has the following resources in usage;

[​IMG]

Now is the last possible and if so why?

If I look at the following benchmarks, the 2600k is superior in most aspects than the 8350.

AnandTech | Bench - CPU

I realise the 8350 has 8 cores, but I am told those 8 cores share the same l2 cache and therefore aren't "real" physical cores.
      I also realise that the 2600k single cores are significantely better than the single cores of the 8350.
      I also realise that you can't compare frequency between brands and even between generations from the same brands.

Now according to the pic from the 8350, it seems to use even less than half of my resources.

Now my question to you knowledgeable people reading this, is this possible or is this guy frauding.

Cause I am thinking about getting the 3770k because my motherboard is a 1155 and I need more power, but I can pick up a 8350 with mobo for the same price as the 3770k.

And according to the benchmarks and guides I have read, the 2600k should be better on single core performance and better or at least on par with the 8350

Or do the 8 "physical" cores really matter so much that one can expect double performance!?!?!?

Part of me wants to believe the 8350 offers such performance with multiple HB/WoW clients so I can run many HBs, but the logical person in me tells me that this guy opened up 10 WoW clients and 10 HB clients and press paused on all the HBs that were running.

And please for the sake of my sanity, refrain from posting claims without proof and or claims that you can run 20 HBs with XXX cpu, except you are running Gatherbuddy on it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    2. Cloudy

Cloudy Member

its the way the programs are made and not how cpus work. u can have the most expencive cpu, but a crap program can use a lot of cpu.
      here an example of one of my cpus:
      dungeon farming
      wow 0-1% cpu
      hb 3-4% cpu

makes 20 bots without any problems. and hb has to work more with dungeons than gathering

3. Angelus

Angelus Member

Thanks for pictures, thanks for the proof, thanks for the explanation, thanks for telling what kind of cpu you are using and thanks for being one of the biggest trolls on this forum now.

Now please guys, take this as an example of something I can't use and only makes me more confused.

My WoW client settings are below lower and in some dungeons it can spike up to 9%, so I find it hard to believe that yours only takes 0-1%

I benchmarked my cpu with the passmark free 30 day trial and the program said my cpu was as good as a Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40GHz. 13xxx points.

But as I can't relate the score vs how many HB/CPUs I can run with it, I find it difficult to use as measurement.

4. Cloudy

Cloudy Member

no problem, better than being an idiot.
      from this point on i wont proof anything - i know what im saing.
      have a nice day

5. Angelus

Angelus Member

Yes and I can run 100 WoW clients and HBs on my i5-650.

I asked twice in the OP to refrain from such posts and you still went ahead and did it. Did you even bother to read my post or did you just go straight ahead to the herp derp I run this herp derp

I challenge you to download the following software:

Home - UserBenchmark

And make a pic of the following stats:

I don't know why base clock shows 5,9 Ghz though.

Attached Files:

• cpu.png
        cpu.png
        File size:
        26.3 KB
        Views:
    6. Svenstar123

Svenstar123 Member

I can tell that the cpu im using is perfect for botting, it "overclocks" itself if needed, here are the results, after the wow patch it takes alot more ram though so you would have to have an eye on that.

View attachment 150962

Edit: Before WoD i could run up to 15 accounts on this PC
      Edit2: U can see on the uptime that this is legit^^

7. Angelus

Angelus Member

Thanks man, I really appreciate it :)

8. Svenstar123

Svenstar123 Member

Pleasure :) If u have any questions about it feel free to contact me. Incase u want to get some botting only pcs there are several good cpus with inbuilt gpus which means u will save alot of cash for not spending it on the graphic card. There is also a program i can send u which reduces the CPU and overall power usage of WoW, it disables the rendering of the game.

9. Angelus

Angelus Member

Did a clean windows install this evening and haven't noticed any significant difference :( Was kinda hoping my OS was corrupted.

Still hovers between 40-90% depending on encounter with a 2600k overclocked at 4,5 Ghz running 10 dungeonbuddy clients. And I still get that black box when there are a lot of mobs around, in a bg with enemy players and or encounter with heavy mechanics.

I am just gonna throw my towel in the ring and accept something wrong with me, my 2600k and my 4670k. No point in getting frustrated over this.

10. Cloudy

Cloudy Member

your problem is that you want to understand something only with benchmark numbers.

you are trying to understand, why a car with less bhp than a truck - is faster than a truck.
      wrong way dude. the answer for your problem is nearly the same as the answer for my example.
      (if youre still asking, why others are much better than yours)

11. Angelus

Angelus Member

Yah maybe I should just step away from the benchmarks and go ahead and buy and try something else.

It is just that I find it difficult to research what I need based on the information I know and read. People are cruel and even crueler on the internet.

[​IMG]

12. Madenaras

Madenaras New Member

I run 10 bots on a 8350. The thing is, every dungeon has its own cpu demands. Stormstout brewery is by FAR the most demanding in cpu power, it can peak it to about 65% with only one 5 man team running through it. If you imagine both of the teams running it at the same time, your cpu gets maxed out. While if both teams run Scarlet Monastery, the cpu peaks to about 65% with BOTH teams running. In theory, you could run 15 dungeonbuddy bots in a very low cpu demanding WoW dungeon.

13. sorieus

sorieus New Member

Your looking at pure horsepower not CPU instructions. Certain cpus handle instructions differently one cpu can handle instruction x and one cannot do x. So it must use y z q to make the instruction work. '
      Efficiency in cpus will vary by programs. Raw power is good for cranking synthetic benchmarks and performing simple heavy load task...prime number finding etc...
      I know increasing my core count from i5 haswell to i7 drastically helped with running multiply clients as well.

Edit:

Little more info i didn't read your original post in thoroughly enough.

Your better off moving to a more updated chipset and getting lga 1150 z97 is current and I cannot recall of the top but i know a newer chipset will also increase performance drastically its also why I find AMD processors incredibly poor choice since its still the same AM3+ socket and chip sets for what 3 years now?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014