• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Many Issues. Very Laggy, Exceptions Thrown, Pings map to much

Discussion in 'Stormbuddy Support' started by SIL3N7, Aug 5, 2015.

1. SIL3N7

SIL3N7 Active Member

Like the Title My game seems too run very very laggy.

I had a few Exceptions thrown and The bot Pings the map to much to the point i get the red warning please wait a while before pinging again. I think the bot is trying too move or something but instead its pinging the map.
      At one point the bot ran into the enemy base some how but got stuck trying to get out on the gate that was not dead.
      Ran a game while typing this. It also looks like its making my computer lag

This is from my last session that i ended early cause of the lag.
      View attachment Stormbuddy 11136 2015-08-06-02.42.21.txt

2. SIL3N7

SIL3N7 Active Member

ok update. i saw some msg saying something about it cant tell if i was in windowed or windowed border less?

I was in windowed full screen for the report above. I change to Windowed and I played another game part way threw.
      In this game the map pinging stopped. but the lag was still there as well as the slight computer lag. No exceptions thrown.
      When i got to level to choose and Ultimate the bot tried to pick skill 2 but i was not high enough level and did not have skill 2 unlocked
      and a few Errors

Is windowed full screen not supported And any idea for the lag?

View attachment Stormbuddy 5408 2015-08-06-03.20.00.txt

3. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The issues with "too many actions" are being dealt with. (Hence this being an alpha, not a beta/release) We need to ensure that everything actually works correctly before we can optimize away a lot of things.

The same goes for the "lag" (which isn't any real lag mind you). This is just the bot hitting your FPS slightly. We'll be working on some better logic for pathfinding (which is the primary CPU eater right now)

The warning message about windowed-fullscreen and windowed-borderless, is just that, a warning. Our bots do not support "exclusive" full screen mode, because certain Win32 events do not get fired when the game is in that state. (All other programs get very low priority). Unfortunately, it's difficult to detect when a game is exclusively fullscreen, or just what is essentially "a big window without borders" that mimics fullscreen.

Most of the lag issues will be dealt with over time. They're not really a major issue right now. :)

4. SIL3N7

SIL3N7 Active Member

Thanks Apoc. The Windowed full screen thing "ur bots do not support "exclusive" full screen mode," This is with all your bots I run HB and DB in windowed full screen Your saying that is better not to? I did not know that.
      That its better to play in just windowed. When in windowed is it ok for me to re size the window?

5. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Windowed fullscreen is fine. Exclusive fullscreen is not. (They are 2 very different things!)