• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [OFFICIAL] Update on Banwave of June 16 2011

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Hawker, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hawker

Hawker Guest

Its coming to 24 hours and the ban reports have stopped coming in. So lets update on where we are.

1. Not all accounts that used Ryftomate are banned. Our developer accounts survived and we have been running Ryftomate today.
      2. Not all accounts have been terminated. Some have had 24 hour suspensions.
      3. On suspended accounts, some characters have been rolled back to the point where Trion thinks the botting started. Some characters have been deleted completely as Trion believes that character was botted from level 6 onwards.
      4. Many people on 1 day keys seem to have been spared.
      5. People with accounts that have never used the bot have seen the "clean" accounts banned and the "bot" account banned.

In short, we do not yet know how Trion has selected accounts for action; nor do we know how they decide what accounts to terminate and what accounts to suspend.

What are we doing?
      We have bought more Rift accounts, updated the bot and are running tests to see what it takes to get them banned.

What about warfronts and questing?
      We will carry on with development. Black Garden is done and the bot intelligently goes to the Fang holder. But for obvious reasons, its no longer a priority to deliver this on June 19. We are focused on finding the anti-bot algorithms.

How long before Ryftomate is back?
      We can't say. The next 48 hours are devoted to fact finding. When we know more, we will post back.

Update June 20:
      Keys will have time added to make up for the downtime.

We have found some thing but don't know that we have found the full range of anti-cheat yet. The plan is to do a release by Friday with questing working and that users are advised to restrict use to trial accounts until we have a better handle on things. The shop will stay closed to new buyers for at least 2 weeks.

2. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

I support this message

3. seafunk

seafunk New Member

Imho if Trion firmly pursues botting, we/you don't stand a chance at going undetected. Blizzard has a different policy and they tolerate botting until player reports appear or gold is being sold or if the harmony of the game world is in some other way severely disturbed by the botter. I could name dozens of different server side checks that will filter out 99% of all botters in a day, yet blizzard never bothered to use any of them. Not sure what gm's are actually advised to do and what tools they have at their disposal to detect us, but either there's an official policy of not pursuing the less obnoxious botters or they just limit the possibilities of detection through the gm's. My guess is the latter is the case.

Trion on the other hand seems to be 100% against botters and will apply banhammers without mercy. I strongly doubt we stand a chance against them, sorry if I sound pessimistic here. Maybe they have background processes that check the existance of processes with a certain name. It sure doesn't sound legit, but it's easy as hell and by combining that with MAC/IP checks that would explain why people the botfree accounts have been banned as well.

Are there any ban reports of botfree accounts behind the same router as a botter btw? That would point to flagging of MAC addresses. Good luck to you guys, I really hope you can get somewhere with this, but I have my doubts. I for my part closed the rift chapter.

EDIT: A famous botter once said: "Resistance is futile!"

4. mariox

mariox Member

thanks for the update hawker.
      and btw if you plan on getting a new copy of rift it's on sale right now on their website as mentioned in another thread.

5. rsbotmaniac5

rsbotmaniac5 New Member

Seriously this fucking sucks. I botted for 1 day MAX probably 10 hours overall lvl 16-22 and I have been permanently banned. Thanks for the bot I wouldnt mind being banned but being PERMANENTLY BANNED after 10 hours of use is just bloody disgusting. I am requesting a refund via paypal, This product should not still be on sale if its this easily bannable.

6. seafunk

seafunk New Member

7. mariox

mariox Member

$24.99 USD on their site = €17.56

8. twj2003

twj2003 New Member

lol........../sad

9. fjuxxx

fjuxxx New Member

why is everyone talking about new accounts ect. i'm not going to play if i cant bot all those levels... and as long as this is detected im not doing anything. but i am afraid that it will be hard to "undetect" since it injects .net code directly into rift. the bot menu is a part of rift. so if trion makes it scan itself for extra's i dont know how to stop that....

but still i have faith in the developers since the bot is very well coded! goodluck!

10. abndrew82

abndrew82 New Member

Cause not everybody only botted.

I have only been in rift 2 weeks and was using the bot to make some plat for my main char that I was playing.

Now I bought a new account, and am just going to play manually. The game is quite fun in my opinion as a new player to it.

11. shonars

shonars New Member

whats the email of trion support? i want to know if i got perma ban or 24h ban... i used the bot maybe every 2-3days just 2h...

12. Tony

Tony Guest

check the official site

13. rsbotmaniac5

rsbotmaniac5 New Member

Perm ban. I used the bot 5 hours total and recieved a perm ban.

14. sniger

sniger New Member

I used the bot for 3weeks every night.. Furthermore I soloed some bosses with flyhack and no collision.. first I got a 24hr ban the 11th for playing around with flyhack and no collision.. then i thought everything was fine.. but then the 16th i got a perm ban.. And I asked them why. They told me that they could see from logs that I've used 3th party programs to an extend where they were unable to log it all, as they only keep logs in a certain time period. Before a new one overwrites it. :) So they "disabled" my account. Just bought a new account.. Guess ill have to play the legal way from now on..

Cheers

15. seafunk

seafunk New Member

Serves you right!

16. seafunk

seafunk New Member

Wait theyre offering it for 17.56 Euros on the US site, at the same time lower the price on the EU site from 50 Euros to 30 Euros? Something's not right here.

17. mariox

mariox Member

[​IMG]

18. DaSoul

DaSoul Well-Known Member

not it was the same on release date. collectors edition was something about 60€ or 50€ i don't know and dollar price was exactly the same. I asked the support and they told me to cancel my € order and do buy another copy on the us site. Totally stupid but yeah...cost me less money.

19. zimzat

zimzat New Member

Well, I'm counting my blessings right now. Ran 5-6 bots at a time, on different accounts. Did a few from 0-50, and the others were 50's used for farming.

I got one 24 hour ban on one of my accounts.

1/6 - 24 hours - when these things were going 24/7.

So I have no idea how and why they decide on what accounts to ban/suspend. Mine all ran from one IP...

20. Trollin

Trollin Guest

I got the same answer from them.

Greetings XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I am afraid that we are not able to adjust the action taken on this account due to the excessive use of this application.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is 110616-XXXXXX

Sincerely,

GM Primarch
      In-Game Support Sr.
      Trion Worlds Inc.