• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Please help! HB getting stuck in a specific situation. Please read, any help is great

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Support' started by I<3botting, Jan 9, 2014.

1. I<3botting

I<3botting New Member

I play a Paladin and have the Light's Hammer ability. HB will try to use the ability when there is more than 1 mob attacking. This works great most of the time.

THE PROBLEM arises when the CURRENT mob targeted dies in between the first action of activating Light's Hammer and the second action of placing the "hammer" on the ground.

IF the mob dies in between those two actions the bot will not change targets, will not place Light's Hammer on the ground, and will just sit there until it dies or until I manually place the hammer.

For the time being I will use a different talent, but I like that this talent does AOE damage as well as healing. :)

If you look in the attached log you will see (near the bottom of the log) the repeated text:

"[17:45:41.833 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:45:43.856 N] [Singular] EnsureTarget: no valid target set -- skipping spell priority
      [17:45:43.995 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:45:46.189 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:45:48.383 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:45:50.607 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:45:52.800 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:45:54.813 N] [Singular] EnsureTarget: no valid target set -- skipping spell priority
      [17:45:54.975 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:45:57.180 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:45:59.408 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:46:01.634 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:46:03.821 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:46:05.898 N] [Singular] EnsureTarget: no valid target set -- skipping spell priority
      [17:46:06.041 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:46:08.246 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:46:10.450 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:46:12.623 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:46:14.820 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1!
      [17:46:16.883 N] [Singular] EnsureTarget: no valid target set -- skipping spell priority
      [17:46:16.968 N] [Singular] Switching to BotPoi: (MOB NAME HERE).5EF1! "

If you read the log you will see that immediately after this text the log says the target is dead. That's because I manually killed the last, un-targeted mob. My manual action of selecting and killing the last mob is what selected the target, of which the bot realized was dead. (hope that wasn't too confusing, all I'm trying to say is "THIS IS WHEN I STEPPED IN AND TOOK OVER")

Any help is appreciated! Thanks :)

View attachment 5052 2014-01-09 08.43.txt

2. I<3botting

I<3botting New Member

Any other paladins running into this issue? It's rare but when it happens it's a major pain. It basically just goes AFK and takes a smoke break while the toon dies off...

3. I<3botting

I<3botting New Member

Anyone? I'd love to be able to use Light's Hammer without the bot pooping it's brains out...

PLEASE HELP!

4. I<3botting

I<3botting New Member

Bump, please take a look! (I'm talking to you, Tony, BotOperator, and other Admins) :)

5. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

dont bump your own thread, i check EVERY post in this section every day, there no need to keep bumping it to get our attention.
      if you have more to add then edit your last post and add the information.

now as far as the issue, it is a singular issue and because of that i have to as you report the bug in the singular thread so the devs can take a look and see what happened.

also if you would leave the mob name intact as well as what area you would find that mob as they will probably need to test and try and reproduce the issue.

6. I<3botting

I<3botting New Member

CodenameG,

Thanks for taking time out of your day to address this issue. Aren't you a developer? If not, how can I reach them?

I've searched high and low on the entire buddy forum, and have not found a section specific to "Singular". As far as I know or am concerned, singular is just a process (internal program) of Honorbuddy. Why is this thread not sufficient?

The issue can/will be easily duplicated with any mob and in any area. It's not an issue based on the environment of the character, it's simply Singular not knowing what to do when it's attempting to place Light's Hammer, yet it's target is dead. How do I know this? Because, when HB uses Light's Hammer regularly, it will place it EXACTLY at the location (X, Y, Z) of it's current target. THIS is the issue, because if it's current target dies it does not have a location to place the hammer (nor does it have a logical reason to place it) so it will simply wait until it is out of combat to continue it's routine.

Please point the devs to this thread. If they aren't able to check it out, please give me a precise link to the area of this forum in which I should post my bug so that it may be addressed as a "singular" issue. Once I have a link I will copy/paste this entire thing there :)

Thanks for your assistance.

p.s. ponies are for girls.

7. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator