• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Plugin - MoveTo] FNav - The lazy mans taxi by Fpsware

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fpsware, Jan 9, 2011.

1. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

FNav UI 0.JPG

What is FNav?
      FNav is simply a "Go To" type of plug-in. Select a predefined location from the database (many have already been added), click the magic button, and let HB take you there fully unattended.

How does it differ from similar "go to" plug-ins?
      The end result is exactly the same; HB moves your character to the selected destination. FNav differs in that you add locations to a database and select your destination from a drop-down list. Zone and category filtering options enable you to quickly find and select your destination from the database.

I can run there myself why do I need plug-in?
      If you're like me and have multiple bots running it can take a lot of time running around from location to location; class trainers, profession trainers, auction house, moving to the next profile zone etc. FNav eliminates the tedious hands-on travelling.

But I can do all of that with HB "go to" profiles, why do I need a plug-in?
      I too had literally dozens upon dozens of "go to" profiles but it became messy and unorganised. Not to mention time-consuming looking for exactly the right profile. With FNav, in only one click I can find every flight point, class trainer, profession trainer, inn or anything else I want.

Okay, I'm sold how do I get started?
      Read on and all shall be answered.

Installation Instructions
      FNav needs to be installed in the plug-ins folder. ...HB\Plugins\FNav The folder must be called FNav and all files must be located inside of it.

How To Use FNav
      Usage is extremely straightforward and intuitive requiring only one or 2 clicks to find exactly what you need. once you have selected your location from the "go to" drop-down you simply click the "Go To Location" button. It couldn't be simpler.

The Idiots Guide To FNav
      Now, I'm not saying YOU are an idiot but we all know they walk amongst us. This is a complete guide on how to use all 10 buttons, checkboxes & drop downs on the FNav UI.

Step 1 - How to show the FNav UI.
      In HB, on the plug-ins tab you will find a list of plug-ins currently installed. In this list you will see "FNav - the lazy mans taxi", of course, this assumes you have installed correctly. Select it from the list, ensure there is a tick in the "Enable" checkbox, finally, click the settings button. You should now see the FNav UI.

Step 2 ? What does it all mean?
      For the intellectually challenged - again, I'm not saying that's YOU - I have included a detailed explanation of everything on the UI.

FNav UI 1.JPG

1. Category filter. Only want to see all locations from a specific category? Select it from the drop-down. It couldn't be simpler.
      2. Zone filter. Only want to see locations in a specific zone? Select it from the drop-down.
      3. The complete list of available locations (depending on your filters of course).
      4. The flight path setting toggles the same setting within HB.
      5. Remove the currently selected location from the database. Because some of you may not know what you're doing, you will be asked to confirm this action the 4 why it will allow you to actually use the item.
      6. The magic button. Left click this button and HB will take you to your destination. Right click this and FNav will select the closest location from the list. Eg... to find the closest mailbox.
      7. The category to be used when adding a new location. Either select an option from the drop-down list or type your own.
      8. The name (or description) you want to give to your location.
      9. Queries your location for the subzone name and puts the text in the above (8) text box.
      10. Adds your new entry to the database will stop
      11. The status bar contains the full description and distance of the selected (3) location.

I'm so confused, can you just show me how to add a new location?
      *sigh* Sure. First, go to the location you want to add to the database. Yes, you have to physically go there. Select a category for this location, either select an item from the list or type your own. Now type the name of this location. Personally, I use the text from the sub zone text button. Unless I'm adding a class or profession trainer then I use a name such as Druid, Warlock, Herbalism, Mining etc. You will see why when you look at the existing locations in the database.

And here is a neat picture so you can see how it's all done. If you like you can even colour it in. I have some crayons on my desk you need them.

FNav UI 2mod.jpg

I think I understand this, but, can you give me a picture on how to select location?
      Sure.

FNav UI 3mod.jpg

Other things you may need to know but were afraid to ask.
      * Horde and Alliance locations are filtered automatically. As an Alliance character will not see any entries for Horde and vice versa.
      * Continent locations are filtered automatically. You will not see Outland locations if you are in Northrend for example.
      * The zone filter is dynamically updated. It will only show zones of items that have a location. The category filter is not dynamically updated.
      * There is a heavy bias on Alliance locations, this is simply because I did most of the testing on an Alliance character.
      * Right click the Go To Location button to select the closest location. Eg, to find the closest mailbox.
      * Navigation is controlled by HB. Absolutely no navigation is performed by this plug-in. This plug-in simply creates a small go to profile and loads it into HB, it is not responsible for any movement or navigation. Again, just for those who don't like red text, here is something in mauve; absolutely no navigation or movement is performed by this plug-in. All navigation and movement is performed by HB.

Known issues and bugs
      * Sometimes it does not display anything in the location drop-down. Close and reopen FNav.
      * The user.
      * Adding a new entry with a blank location. I have put some checks in place to confirm the location is not <0,0,0> before adding re-entry to the database.
      * Sometimes there is no subzone text. This is either WoW or HB, not the plug-in.

Attached Files:

• FNav.zip
        File size:
        17.6 KB
        Views:
      Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
    2. fpsware

Reserved for other crap I want to add at a later date.

I know people are going to post and make complaints about navigation; it's not moving properly, it's getting stuck, it looks bot-like, it's doing something I don't like yada yada yada ... let me say this again; absolutely no navigation or movement is performed by this plug-in. It simply loads a go to profile into HB. HB is responsible for all navigation and movement.

3. donkey

donkey New Member

I think this is actually really awesome as I don't usually have learn flight path selected on my profiles. I am hoping I can uncover the flight paths doing this. Would this possibly be useable for explorer using flying?

4. fpsware

I guess it could. But this plug-in does not use a flying mount. And it only goes to a single location at a time.

5. Freakout

Freakout New Member

Looks super awesome FPS, cant wait to make use of it. +rep for you!

6. UndiluteD

UndiluteD New Member

Awesome work testing now!

7. fpsware

On the to do list for tomorrow:
      * Find the closest location. If you want to move to the closest mailbox, flight point, inn etc.
      * Investigate the possibility of pulling data from WoWhead.com (Unlikely but will see if its possible).
      * Add more Horde locations.

8. fpsware

New build uploaded. I made a small tweak that caused the entire Eastern Kingdoms database to appear blank.

ADDED: Right click on the Go To Location button to select the closest item in the list. Eg, to find the closest mailbox.

9. Owneth

Owneth Member

So this will navigate across continents? Or negative? I didn't read that it did.

10. fpsware

No. In fact, it won't it won't even show locations outside of your current continent. Eg, if you're in Eastern Kingdoms you won't see anything from Kalimdor.

11. bruches

bruches New Member

Thanks for the great plug Fpsware. Very impressed as usual with your work :D. Donation going your way!

12. Kramxel

Kramxel New Member

looks great nice work... think this might come in hnady when i use logmein... will save much of the hassle i great trying to get from a mailbox to an auctioneer (i hope)

13. fpsware

hahhaha you and me both! Hell, I didn't even think of that, but I also suffer from the same issue when using Logmein.

14. Spartanmfot

Spartanmfot New Member

Good work FPS, will definitely come in handy. I had always wanted to write something of this sort but i just have not got to grips with the coding format yet.

15. fasteddie78

fasteddie78 New Member

If this works like i hope it will....have my internet babies!!!

16. roel5000

roel5000 Member

haha make that 3! now i only have to spend 10 minutes at logmein instead of a hour or 2.
      Thanks alot FPS!

17. fpsware

New build uploaded.

ADDED: More locations added to the database
      FIXED: Minor tweaks

18. fpsware

I'm currently working on a companion tool for this plug-in that will automatically populate the database when it discovers a new unit/object of interest.

I'm riding around Stormwind and its automatically finding Class Trainers, Profession Trainers, Guild Banks, Auctioneers, Mailboxes. There is still a lot of tweaking to be done, but its realistically possible to include EVERY unit/object of interest in the game.

Of cause, this will only have a one-off use and there is no need to publically release it. Though, it has the potential to be adapted for profile writers.

19. Davidbbb

Davidbbb New Member

his is the exact thing I have been looking for! Thank you man!

20. lepton17

lepton17 New Member

Great plug-in fpsware, thanks!

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but I just tried to run a Tauren from the Orc starting area (summoned him with RaF) and they don't automatically have the FP to Orgrimmar so only Orc/Troll can use this GoTo.