• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Proper AV profile

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Assaen, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Assaen

Assaen New Member

I've been searching for a good AV profile but cant find anyone. By a good one i mean:
      Go Galv
      Go to a tower and stay
      Go Drek and wait.

Like every normal person would do in AV, not running around the whole map like a headless chicken.

2. seVen

seVen New Member

and also a SotA remake -.-

3. brikowski

brikowski New Member

I'm reworking the Alliance BG Bot profiles for my personal use. Is it OK to post the changes I make? Not sure of the stance on the boards when modifying profiles.

Also, looking at the profile, it's showing <Hotspot x="-536.6096" y="-168.8863" z="54.6953354" tlx="-493" tly="-107" brx="-590" bry="-220" name="Galvangar" />. How do I go about finding the tlx/tly and brx/bry? I'm able to get the x/y/z using the Dev Tools.

4. Push

Push Member

Something like this would be wonderful!

5. Obliv

Obliv New Member

You won't see it any time soon. It's impossible to write a "good" AV profile right now. The BG Bot profile needs a ton of work (compared to the other profiles) and the PvP bot just runs around everywhere. I leave PvP Bot and w00t's profile running and it works just fine. Sure, it isn't going to kill a boss... or cap a flag.. but it runs around and gets me honor without looking like every other bot (yay for random hotspots).

6. Tinsil

Tinsil New Member

Over a year ago now, I wrote a few profiles.. maybe I'll take a look at the new system and see if I can write something.

The AV profiles work, but yeah as been said, it'd be nice to get something better, probably hard to do though. At least (Ally) if it goes to Galv > IBT > W/E FW it'd be better.

7. Obliv

Obliv New Member

Without a ton of logic added, AV won't work properly. Looking in the AlteracValley profile for BG Bot, you can see they didn't design it with objectives in mind.

You'd need a few things:
      1) The ability to prioritize capturing and recapturing towers. If there are 5+ alliance in a horde tower, don't go there. If there are less than 5 alliance in a horde tower that is not capped, go there. If there are no horde in an alliance tower that isn't capped, go there and cap. Go to a alliance tower if it's being captured by horde if there is 1 less alliance player than horde (you going there would make it an equal number fighting).

2) Smart grave yard capturing. RH is the #1 priority, once it has been taken and is being guarded by at least 1 other Alliance player you go somewhere else. FWGY gets taken only if RH has been taken and has at least 1 guarding it. If the netural GY has not been capped and has no players there... take it.

3) Smart "boss" handling - when you have RH and 2 towers down, it moves you to Drek.

I'm still working on a better profile, but without some added logic to AV... it's going to be tough. In the long run it would take a ton of coding and figuring out proper logic to get the perfect AV profile. Until then it's best just to have it run around and kill. That's what it's good at doing...