• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Question about IP's and main account link

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by jackfoerster, Oct 27, 2012.

1. jackfoerster

jackfoerster New Member

Hi, I have only been botting on my mains, but I am now interested in opening up 2 new accounts and solely botting on them. If I just make new accounts with new names and such (I have to use my paypal with the same name as my main account unfortunately) will this for the most part be safe enough to not get banned on my main account if they get caught? I have heard about the IP's getting linked, is this possible? Is it the computer's IP or the network you are using, because I have to wifi networks in my house. I also have 2 seperate computers, so if it is the computer would it be viable to run two instances of wow on one computer that I am botting on and only use the other computer for my main? I could do this AND have each computer be on a different network. Will this protect me? Any help is appreciated. thanks

2. eigoteacher

eigoteacher Member

You'll get banned if it's obvious that you bot. You're risking anything by trading with your main account and IPs won't make a damn difference. People are rarely banned for linked accounts though. They'll just ban the bot account most likely.

The network is irrelevant.

3. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

1. This question is asked and answered on an almost weekly basis
      2. Do a simple search of the forums and you'll find my last detailed answer to this question.
      3. Eigoteacher is incorrect, for the most part, based on my extensive personal experience with banned accounts and sharing between my main, unbotted accounts.

4. eigoteacher

eigoteacher Member

Incorrect about what?

Do you think they care about the network? If they are going to ban account, they are going to ban it because they think the items came from another account that farmed it all.

You get banned if you bot irresponsibly. That's always been the case.

For clarification, I don't think that the main account will be banned. If it were to be banned somehow, it wouldn't matter if the bot account was on the same network. If you bot responsibly on the bot account, that account might not even get banned, so the main account will be safe. However, there is always a risk.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    5. Shtwht?

Shtwht? New Member

Had 2 accounts closed off one IP so you can grossly mistaken, 1 botting account and 1 main account thats never interacted with the botting account directly in any way shape or form. both were reversed but it happens.

6. TouchMeGently

TouchMeGently Member

If your main account consistently get gold/items for free from bot accounts, the main is likely to be banned...guilty by association.

Also, having same IPs raises your likelihood to get all accts on the same IP banned, as well as 24/7 botting. It's a combination of various factors which all adds up, so you should try to avoid them to increase your bot's lifespan.

Edit: oops, thought this was the Diablo III section....but some of what I said still applies. Don't 24/7.

7. Jentlebe

Jentlebe New Member

Sorry i dont to would be a nerving person but can you link your post? cant fint It:/(

8. Lychking

Lychking New Member

i jsut got a 2nd account, which i wanna use solely for botting and i never wanna bot on my main account again. I also never trade between these 2 accounts (i try to farm gold with my 2nd accounts to pay for 60 game time cards for ingame gold and stuff like that)

so can my main account be banned then when these 2 accounts are linked through RAF?

(sorry many confusing answers above :( )

9. ThunderBot360

ThunderBot360 New Member

Generally they will not ban off a single IP. If you were to bot from a University or other area where there are a number of people stemming from the same IP they wouldn't close every WoW account played from that IP. In almost every case there is some link between accounts when people say they only bot one but not the other and got banned. If the two accounts are truly independent (different computers) then same IP won't make a difference.

Before anyone jumps on this post as says "I never talked, traded, etc with my main account and it got banned too so your wrong". No, you are either not being truthful or played from the same computer on main and bot account which will then have the same hardware ID. Rarely though will they ban a main account with a botting account unless you are really going overboard on the bot and have been on the radar for some time.