• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Question to Windows 8 64bit users

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by paketeh, Mar 27, 2013.

1. paketeh

paketeh New Member

Hey guys

I've read in some webpages that Windows 8 may increase the performance of old computers, and I am wondering if it is worth to upgrade my Windows Vista AMD Athlon with 4GB DDR2 RAM that I use for botting with this OS.

I am able to run 4 bots with no problems. I was wondering if you would recommend me to upgrade, and also if Honorbuddy works well on Windows 8 64 bits.

I would also like to confirm that party-botting works on Windows 8. I say this because it doesn't in my Windows 7 (my main Desktop computer), where I am unable to set the names of the followers because the selector with the 3 dots [...] you need to click to add names simply doesn't appear.

It is important for me as I usually bot with RAF buddies.

Thanks in advance!!!

- paketeh

2. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

never change a running system

also, a "new" OS usually takes up more ressources than old do. I use winXP x64 for my bots.

3. emub

emub Member

Honorbuddy works fine on windows 8, as for you using Windows Vista, yes windows 8 performs much better imo. I've upgraded my wifes old pc to windows 8 (from 7) and my laptop from Vista to win 8. Both working very well.
      As for my workplace, I've upgraded about 20% of the pc's to Win8 so far. No complaints at all.

however saying that there is also a saying, If it ain't broke, then don't fix it. If you were buying a new PC then sure get Win8. Otherwise made sure you do have a reason to move (unless you are like me who always uses the latest OS, and win8 beats vista/win7 hands down on preformance, why I spent the time to upgrade.)

4. Teveel

Teveel Active Member

Personally I'm irritated by several of win 8's "features" so much so on my new laptop I'm considering "downgrading" to Win 7, also to fix your party settings issue download and install .net framework.

Win 8 doesn't take up much resources but then neither did Win 7 or XP.
      Vista is a resource hog from what I remember soaking up spare RAM like a sponge, I'd consider switching to Win 7 on such a system but never to Win 8 as far as I'm concerned it's probably one of the most user unfriendly OS's ever made.

5. emub

emub Member

Aye, Vista was terrible for resources!