• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Questions and Ideas Thread

Discussion in 'Archives' started by 2lazytotype, Jul 21, 2014.

1. 2lazytotype

2lazytotype New Member

Not sure where to put this thread but I do think it is necessary and should be used as a resource for people trying to use this. (Especially since it is the early stages)
      This is my guess going to turn into some kind of FAQ, and hopefully someone picks this up and makes a nice and neat copy.

My questions (How do you get the bot to farm non way point acts?)
      From what I can see, it is not very clear and understandable on how that works?

(How can you make your own path (profile) to help cut down time on clearing areas? (EX: Fellshire Ruins -be able to just zigzag down the path)

Ideas- Make an option on min mob size to attack to help make farming more efficient.

This is all I can think of off the top of my head.
      Feel free to contribute.

2. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Release never had any guides or extended info. Beta (which will eventually become Release) will have lots of guides and info to help users understand how everything works. :) Right now, Release is frozen in terms of development, as Beta is getting all the fixes and improvements that are not possible in Release.

To grind a non-waypoint area, you just set the grind zone to that area. There's only a few caveats, you have to have the quests done to get to the area, since Release doesn't support many quests. Beta will eventually have extended quest support, but for now it does not either.

You can't make a profile to customize how the bot explores, but in Beta, you can implement your own explorer to do that. As to how you'd get an explorer that follows the path, there's no easy way around that, and since the maps are randomly generated, I think you'll have some issues trying to customize an explorer to do that. You're more than welcome to try by looking at the tiles of the map (which we do have API support for), but it's pretty limited info wise, In short, I don't know how you'd really implement that, because of the way the game is setup. It's not something I'd spend time looking into for now, because there are far easier ways to handle general exploration.

Ignoring smaller mob packs is doable through the routine. Release has some example logic in Exile at the bottom you can mess with. Beta does not, but it's the type of thing you'd add logic in. Otherwise, ignoring mobs is generally not a good idea by default, because of the dangers a lot of them pose. You're more than welcome to have your logic work however you want, but in terms of general defaults, certain specific things aren't going to be added to the default routine we provide, because it's just a simple example for users.

So basically, we're providing some basic implementations of various things with the bot, and users can then customize, extend, or totally reimplement it to make it better or more catered to specific builds. We cannot cater to each build or playstyle though, because there's simply too much to handle in this game. As a result, you'll see a lot of broad features we provide, but it's up to users to do the specifics if they need them, typically.