• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Rogue/Ninja Combat

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Support' started by Funkwheat, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Funkwheat

Funkwheat New Member

First of all I apologize in advance, but I am not a developer or a programmer. I have basic knowledge of how to read through code, but that's about it. I know it's early still and the patch just came out, but a few of us are looking to get started on leveling our Rogue/Ninjas with this of course.

I "attempted" to throw together a real quick and dirty Ninja combat script. I basically just hodge-podged one together by copying and editing other scripts in Kupo and just trying to make a ghetto but working script until someone comes out with a real one. However, it's not really doing what I expected it to.

Basically, it's only casting Spinning Edge and not Combo-ing to Gust Slash like it's supposed to. It DOES cast Kiss of the Viper if I put that in there, but it will never cast Gust Slash. I don't have Aeolion or Dancing Edge yet, so I'm not sure whether or not those will work but I assume not. If I include Mutilate (the DOT) in the script, it casts that but it then just starts alternating between that and Gust Slash.

Now to be honest, when I compare this to any other Kupo combat script, it seems to all be fine. I'm starting to think maybe the bot just doesn't know what these abilities are, so lines like
      Code:
      Spell.Cast("Gust Slash", r => Actionmanager.LastSpell.Name == "Spinning Edge"),
      will never return true? Perhaps that's also why it just spams Mutilate, since it isn't properly detecting that the target already has the debuff?

I also tried
      Code:
      Spell.Cast("Gust Slash", r => Actionmanager.LastSpellId == 2240),
      ...also no dice.

Also, if anyone already has a working script then I suppose I can stop wasting my time lol. I haven't seen any posted anywhere yet.

I've attached my log and my script.

TLDR: Am I doing something wrong or does the bot just not really properly support Ninja/Rogue yet?

View attachment RogueNinja.cs View attachment 6632 2014-10-28 22.20.txt

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    2. Grimmjow

Grimmjow New Member

There is a couple posts about this in the forums but what is happening is that Actionmanager.LastSpell.Name returns EmptySpell for rogue and possible ninja (Don't have ninja unlocked currently)

so i think we need to find out where the spells or actions for ninja are being stored before we can actually make a combat Routine for it.

3. kaihaider

kaihaider Community Developer

you don't need the lastspell api command, just use a sequence and wait during gcd...

4. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

As the documentation for lastspell clearly states. It is only set for spells that are apart of a combo. If its not set then theres nothing we can do about ti.

5. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

If you mean gust slash, that is part of a combo. Also how do we use that sequence code to make it do the spinning edge > gust slash > aelion edge combo?

6. Funkwheat

Funkwheat New Member

Yeah, Gust Slash is part of a combo so it should work. I'm trying to figure out why it doesn't. The combo is Spinning Edge -> Gust Slash -> Dancing Edge, but Gust Slash isn't ever casting with the above code. Others seem to have this issue as well.

7. kaihaider

kaihaider Community Developer

I'm think what mastahg's saying is that lastspell is handled by the game it's self. Square Enix did not implement the rogues/ninjas combos the same way.

So if you want to use lastspell, you can write your own and cache it when actionmanager returns true

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014