• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Say Sayonara

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Spacecase, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Spacecase

Spacecase New Member

[​IMG]

I’m sure some of you noticed this in the 3.3.3 PTR patch notes:
      • Frozo the Renowned has moved into the Dalaran Magus Commerce Exchange and will be trading your Frozen Orbs for various other trade goods.
      For those curious, here are the items for which you can trade your Frozen Orbs to Frozo. These each cost 1 Frozen Orb unless noted otherwise in parentheses:

• Crusader Orb (6)
      • Runed Orb (4)
      • Eternal Fire
      • Eternal Earth
      • Eternal Water
      • Eternal Air
      • Eternal Life
      • Eternal Shadow
      • Frost Lotus
      • Pattern: Frosty Flying Carpet [Tailors Only] (6)

And the drop rate of Frost Lotus from herbs in Northrend has been increased by 50%.
      PTR Patch 3.3.3 Notes: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23329393385&sid=1

Path 3.3.3 includes very bad news for leveling via BGs too.

"The amount of Honor awarded for an Honorable Kill has been increased by 100% for characters of all levels. Given that all avenues in the game which award players with Honor do so with a calculated conversion from a specific amount of Honorable Kills, this change means that all Honor players can obtain through various means will be increased by 100%. To offset against this in two key areas, experience gains in Battlegrounds have been reduced by 50% and Honor awarded for completing each Wintergrasp weekly quest has been reduced by 50%. When pairing the Honor rewarded from Honorable Kills being increased by 100% with the 50% Honor reduction from Wintergrasp weekly quests, and 50% experience-gain reduction from completing objectives in Battlegrounds, players will notice no change in the net amount of Honor or experience awarded in either case."

What are your thoughts?
      Do you think the upcoming changes will drastically slow the gold farming process due to the low price of trade goods, or do you think the prices will remain stable?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    2. MrBig

MrBig Member

As for Frost Lotus and such.... zomfg!

3. Spacecase

Spacecase New Member

If you read carefully, this statement is referring to players doing the PvP quests.
      If I'm wrong, Blizzard's statement makes absolutely no sense. How can experience be decreased with no net difference in EXP?

4. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

so... we need to stock up on frozen orbs? kk

5. mindtrapper

mindtrapper Member

Will people spend their orbs buying lotus or save it for gear? Does it mean lotus will fall to something like 20g per one? :(

6. Spacecase

Spacecase New Member

Frozen Orbs are extremely easy to come by, buying them won't help you make money in most cases because players can easily get them through heroics. More importantly, players have bulk amounts stored away already because of their limited use.

In my opinion the price of Eternals and Frost Lotuses are going to plummet and we'll be stuck making less gold in the same amount of time.

An interesting point, though: The price of a Frozen Orb cannot precede 5g (vendor price).
      Stacks of eternals (that are normally over 100G) will still go for 100G minimum, but Frost Lotuses aren't going to be as lucky. I predict herbalism becoming far less worthwhile to pick up. We'll have to wait and see...

7. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

Am I alone in thinking of the Jedi mind trick? "You will notice no change." accompanied by mysterious wave of fingers.

8. vasilica

vasilica New Member

Blizz fucked us without banning,they are clever

9. Kickazz006

thats lame -_- but i dont think its going to be affected too greatly bc frozen orbs sky rocketed to like 150g each on my server -_- so the only way to get them imo is by random dungeons ... so maybe 2-3 per person per day, which wont really affect us

10. Imortel

Imortel New Member

To be honest getting Lotuses via Frozen Orbs is really not a huge threat to us.
      It is true that the price will go down but it won't be a huge change.

1 lotus = 1 frozen orb....oky lets see how we can compute this:
      1 dungeon run takes an average of 15-30 min.
      5 players in the dungeon so in best case scenario each player will get 1 orb every 1 hour and 15 min or 2 hours and 30 min.
      Unlike a true farmer a player can not grind instances forever and ever just to get orbs to crush the lotus market.
      Soo for a 4 hour night of raids one should grind 2 hours and 30 min or 5 hours to hope and get 2 orbs to get 2 lotuses.
      This is not counting que times and what not.

11. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

we will always be one step forward....

12. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

thats right it doesend make any sence to make bg honor harder we stil bot it:)

13. Spacecase

Spacecase New Member

You're overlooking the fact that instead of only herbalists being exposed to the harvesting of this "rare herb," everyone in the game can. And with active level 80 characters running one random a day minimum, that's a lot of Frozen Orbs. Not only that, but the players on your server need not be together in heroics, which means the output of orbs will only be higher.
      You must also consider new 80's. They will carry the philosophy of grinding heroics to get gear and making money at the same time.

14. Kickazz006

also consider that some ppl will use the orbs for eternals and not everyone is against us or to carry us to mars :)

15. Imortel

Imortel New Member

Still the impact will be minimal :).
      No sane man will grind heroics JUST for lotuses...

16. Camedy

Camedy New Member

Я чет не понял... Это близы так хотят убить экономику игры и вместе с этим Ботов?? лотос будет стоить копейки...

Translantion

Thats mean blizzard wanna kill the economic of wow and with that bots?

17. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

nah....they can kill bots with minor changes
      and in my opinion they dont want to kill bots at all...

bots=money for Blizz

18. Spacecase

Spacecase New Member

Eternals on my server make most of my income.
      20x Eternal Life and 20x Eternal Fire are both approximately 700 Gold.
      Frost Lotuses go for 50-60G ea.
      Titanium Ore goes for 250-300G a stack.
      ...and then I vendor the Saronite Bars.

So, if anything, Mining is safe for now. Unless you count that Blizzard also removed Titansteel cooldowns (and tailoring cooldowns), which may actually bring the price up and cause higher demand now that I think about it.

-

Say you're in a heroic group. At the end of every heroic you have a chance at a frozen orb with four other people. This gives you a 20% chance of getting the orb.
      When farming herbs you have a now 3% chance to obtain a Frost Lotus from each node.

Ehh...I'm done with rationalizing. We'll see how all of this unfolds realistically.

19. Kickazz006

if blizz lost *just* the HB/GB bots... thats a lot of money, considering that there are 1000 posters on the forum and im sure a lot more than that (as i see acct #'s are over 6000 for invoices). and most of us have 2-6 or the power users that have 50+ like bossland... thats a lot of revenue for blizzard a month + pirox ppl + mr.fishit ppl + random other bots. hell the glider banwave didn't stop ppl, they just bought more accts... :p nor did the luaninja banwave in december

20. Kickazz006

yes but 1 orb per 20-30 mins CHANCE ... so chance wise you can get 2 a day if you did heroics 5 hours a day as a tank or healer. as we know dps queue's are retarded!