• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Second account on same computer

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by jslider1015, Apr 14, 2015.

1. jslider1015

jslider1015 New Member

I am interested in running a normal account and a second botted account on the same computer. The main account I would play normally, while the bot account does it's leveling, tradeskilling, Etc. Would performance be better by running 2 instances as normal with tabing back and forth, or should I run isboxer? Can you set up isboxer to not repeat hotkeys to both instances?
      Does anyone do this and does anyone have advice?
      Thanks!

2. cntp

cntp New Member

i've been running a secondary instance of wow for some time now, tabbing back and forth, letting it level up, and then do farming afterwards. Did this on a laptop without any issues. the laptop is running 8gb ram with duel core i7 cpu and an nvidia 740m. I use hbrelog to start my secondary wow instance. Smart thing is, if you run wow in fullscreen windowed normally, you can use hbrelog to resize the secondary wow instance window to alot smaller on the fly, so you can watch you bot while travelling and waiting. I've also tried helping the bot gearing up in the dungeons of MoP, setting it up to follow a good distance behind, tabbing back and forth works really well.

3. Rabbit112

Rabbit112 Community Developer

Should be fine, just make the windows small and set the settings as low as they need to be.

Detection wise there's no worries (in the words of a dev, you don't use VMs to mitigate detection risk).

I did 2 clients for a while and had no issues.

4. Lutinho

Lutinho New Member

On both my older laptop (i5 2450m 6gb ram, 128gb ssd) and my desktop (i5 3570k 8gb ram ssd aswell) I have no problems whatsoever running over 4 instances of WoW. Graphics low, and try to organise your bots and clients.

5. civ112

civ112 New Member

You've raised two questions...

I understand that sharing an IP isn't indicative of bot activity but surely sharing a MAC address would be detected??
      Also, why not use VMs? (apart from the graphics issues)

6. Rabbit112

Rabbit112 Community Developer

To your first question, you'd think so but I've never had a problem and neither have many others.

As for the second, it takes up resources and paraphrasing a dev but it doesn't do anything to mitigate detection.