• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Significant delay between casting of auras

Discussion in 'Archives' started by sabe, Mar 20, 2014.

1. sabe

sabe New Member

There is about a 2 second delay between casting each aura which can add up to a lot when you run a multi aura character and chicken alot from AvoidBaddies.

Is there a way to reduce this delay? I run 5 auras and I have to sit there for a long ass time each time I connect while my character casts auras.

Thanks!

2. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

In the future, this won't be as much of an issue, but for now, the delays are required to ensure the bot casts them. In the past, there's been problems with the client and the bot not being in sync, since the bot runs out of process. As a result, sometimes the bot would double cast them or miss them altogether, which is a bad case for a lot of builds.

A recent API update was done so we can actually know when the client is casting the requested skill, but we need to update our Spell manager logic as well as our general bot logic to make use of this new feature. This will be done after the new input/movement stuff is integrated into the bot, as it'll help solve a lot of random stuck issues and skill casting problems.

3. Thecamel

Thecamel Community Developer

OP as you can see the devs are onto it but just some further information from personal experience.

Running Auras during solo botting, currently for me is inefficient..

Your really just want a build that ports in smash the crap out of everything, with heaps of life on hit and mana on dmg (i use the support gems in a 5l setup)

Complex builds are great, And for maps are almost essential but if your botting (sorry im assuming HC) you should be farming over geared areas a quickly as possible, Currently my bot can clear docs merc in around 5-7mins (if it every completes) however most of the time i only ever get 30-60% of the area cleared before it finds a invasion boss and GTFO !