• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Someone asked: are you botting?

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by minhsa, Dec 30, 2014.

1. minhsa

minhsa New Member

Someone asked me this through a tell, should I be concerned that they'll report me? I didn't respond to them as they logged off a few moments later.

There shouldn't be a problem as long as i'm not AFK botting, right?

2. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

Yeah, you should be fine. Though if it were me I would respond, maybe like 'Lol, nope, I'm just that good" just so they know for sure you're there. Usually keeps them from thinking you're a bot

3. Azoth

Azoth Member

Reporting in this game is a long process involving several dialog boxes and a minor essay. Given it's already passed, there's not much point in worrying. Obviously though, if you're there at the time then respond. Confusion would be my choice; you dont want to seem like you know what they're talking about.

I might refrain from whatever activity you were doing at the time for a while, though. Don't want the same guy to come back and see you again, and maybe do a zone wide shout or something.

4. schopenhauer

schopenhauer Member

What exactly were you doing when you got the message?

5. lordofthereef

lordofthereef New Member

Bots are pretty obvious, especially fatebot and gathering to a person who also bots. I like to mine fire shards since they have a super quick turnaround. the mesh server went down once and literally all the miners (4-5 of us) in the zone stopped. I was the first to notice and booted it back up. It was rather obvious that we were all botting, and using RB at that!

Fatebot is also incredibly obvious as most people eat AOEs all day while botting (though we now have options when I did not!)

My guess is that whoever asked you that bots themselves and just wanted to give you a little extra stress lol. Either that or you are doing something ridiculously obvious and stupid lol.

6. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

I never bot AFK, so I'm always watching my bot as it plays. I often see other people out botting, and I like to send them tells and talk to them. Kinda like we're in a secret club, a club that no one talks about.

7. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

"I never bot AFK" - you're losing out to part of the point of having a bot.

8. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

I have a work from home job where I'm at my computer for 10 hours a day. So while I'm working, I let the bot do the annoying stuff I don't like, like farming. Then when I'm off work, I play and have fun. But I just have the bot running on another monitor so I can watch what goes on.

9. minhsa

minhsa New Member

i was letting the bot farm fire shards. RB's gatherbot isn't as blatantly obvious like some other bots i've tried, so like lordofthereef said the person who /tell'd me is probably a botter themselves.

10. schopenhauer

schopenhauer Member

Probably, but never talk to other users about botting, were I you, I'd either ignore it or just never admit or say something that would imply you do. If someone reports you, they will check your logs, if they don't have firsthand proof of you doing it, but they find it in the logs, that's good enough for them.

Just my personal opinion, just because any of you can tell that we're using the same program or mutually botting, we don't need to share a drink/cookies over it. Better we both just look the other way and carry on.

11. RhysG

RhysG Member

You should always tell the truth, he will find out eventually...