• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Still worth botting in WoW?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Mathiaslp, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Mathiaslp

Mathiaslp New Member

Hello

Is it still worth botting for cash in WoW?

Im having plans of botting with 2 accounts, one with a herb/miner guy, and my other acc with a DK having BS/JC and a rogue with alch/inscription.

I have 2 bots (dont need to buy).

Is it worth the time setting the bots up, etc. to make money?
      Back then when I used to bot, I sold herbs/inks etc, and sold the gold to IRL friends - now I dont have any irl friends (that plays WoW), so I would have to sell to websites I suppose.

Please - if aynone would be so kind to respond to me whetever it is worth starting again or not, it would be much appreciated.

Even if you would give a few hints on what to do to get started :)

Kind Regards!

2. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

3. virus2001

virus2001 Member

No.

Ofc. it is, man.
      Look here for an example

4. chtpm

chtpm Member

Its getting harder, atleast for me it is.

5. solitudethedude

solitudethedude New Member

Up until mid 2012 I was able to gatherbot 24/7, absolutely barrage the AH with thousands of auctions, and sell gold to chinese without getting banned.

Well actually, the selling gold to chinese would be the only thing that got you banned, but only around 2011 and later.

Now you just get banned for turning the bot on it seems.

This time around I'm going to try and play legit, and see if my patience can be held with some of the most boring, mundane tasks in this game.

I never really liked that feeling of entering in your password upon logging into the game and not knowing if you'd be receiving that terrifying "This account has been terminated" message. You knew it would probably happen eventually, and all your time spent would be in vain.

At least now I can remain confident I won't get that message.

6. stelios21

stelios21 New Member

Well then, if you cannot put effort stay away.
      Prices are increasing anyway, cya.

''Now you just get banned for turning the bot on it seems.''

<2,95

7. macedawg

macedawg Member

im still making 15-20k per day/bot farming 12-16hr no ban ^_^

8. Haybale

Haybale New Member

This is where I get lost. I just don't understand how its so random w/ people getting banned. Some people get banned in 12 min and some get to bot for hours upon hours every day w/ no problems. I feel like a majority of the people that get banned still do most things correctly (private profiles, plugins, etc) unless I am just giving them too much credit.

Which I probably am just giving people too much credit. Like, people get banned from BGBuddy all the time it seems, yet I BGBuddy for 12+hours at a time and never get problems.

9. whatcha413

whatcha413 Member

Everyone on these forums get banned.. I Have been here for years and learned people just love to lie and say they never get banned just so they feel superior in there own mind lol

10. Haybale

Haybale New Member

I have never been banned. I don't take risks though. I pretty much only use BGBuddy for new 90s and just use it to get full honor gear and then I stop. Then I just run CRs. Im not getting banned, but I also feel like I am not taking advantage of what I am paying for.

11. zonpan2lol

zonpan2lol New Member

I'm gonna have to agree with this. Either that or the poster is the luckiest son of a bitch in the whole fucking world.

12. Haybale

Haybale New Member

Is this going to get better? I have been here for almost 3 months and have been really really conservative when it comes to using the bots. I haven't been banned yet, but I am entering a position where I need to make a decision. A) I would like to start either making gold or real money off of these programs, but feel like this isn't going to really be possible w/o a ton of bans. B) I only play wow for the pvp aspect which I feel like sucks really badly atm.

13. Crazyness85

Crazyness85 New Member

The only time iv'e been banned repeatedly was when I was actively farming herbs/ores.. flooding the AH and selling gold. I'd loose accounts left and right. As for normal botting I have not been banned. I mix in normal play as well though. I will raid, LFR, pet battle, fish, dungeon, pvp, arena, RBG, get achements etc etc.. but I throw in random botting sessions in it all.

I'm a firm believer, in that if you completely randomize your activities on WoW your accounts last much longer then if you do not.

For instance my main account I have had sense 2010, I have used HB sense the beginning.. zero bans/warnings. And no I am not making this up or inflating my ego.

14. l2isk

l2isk Member

Been bottling since 2010 started with pirox and knock on wood I've never been banned. I don't use the bot to make real life money I only use it for I game activities

15. romansavior

romansavior New Member

I started with Lazybot. Then moved to Honorbuddy. I have botted 72+ semi-afk for months at a time before and never been banned, But I have also botted for 2 hours at night and had one of my accounts banned by the time I woke up. IT IS A GAMBLE. Botting smart or not botting smart, we are all destined to go sometime, its all about what you do to prolong that time from coming. My main account has been locked due to suspicious activity at least 20 times and banned 3 times, I have had the luck of actually getting it back each time, and now I am a little bit more careful. But I still bot 20+ hours at a time sometime, with interaction everyday. I finally am deciding to get a second botting account just incase I get caught, then the loss isnt so great. Always remember youre taking your accounts life into your own hands.

On the subject of the original thread. I have a terrible time botting myself past 30k gold. Its hard for me to maintain interest to bot anywhere past it, but I think if you can do it, there is an opportunity to make 40 bucks here and there for 100k gold, and that to me is worth it. some extra spending money.