• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Strix's GatherBuddy Macros

Discussion in 'Archives' started by strix, Dec 15, 2010.

1. strix

strix New Member

Strix's GatherBuddy Macros

It's simple utility addon containing macros i am using. Main reason why i wrote whole addon is that i can put macros over 255 characters long inside (255 is in-game macros limit).

Installation:
      1. Extract to "World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\" like any other Addon
      2. Make sure to enable it in AddOns options during loging into WoW

Default set of macros
      On logging into game default set of macros will be loaded.
      Default Set is based upon specialization and professions exclusive spells (Milling/Prospecting/Avenger's Shield/Mutilate etc.)

WoW slash commands & modules supported:
      /sgbm mill - binds Key 0 (to use with GB crafting button) to mill herbs (from lowest to highest itemlevel, starting with Mageroyal finishing on Twilight Jasmine)
      /sgbm pp - activates Protection Paladin macros
      /sgbm on - loads default set of macros
      /sgbm off - turning off bindings (eg. to use default action bar)

Tips:
      - if you have JC/Inscri along with each other or some gathering profession, you need to manually enable Prospecting/Milling macros
      - you can keep whatever you like in place of macro's hotkeys - they can be filled with someone else's macros (to use after turning off mine) or simply remain empty
      - you cannot see those macros in game, however you can quickly find them with notepad in "core.lua" file

FAQ:
      Q: Why my macro stopped working before i milled/prospected all herbs?
      A: Make sure you only have stacks divisible by 5, macros cannot process 1/2/3/4 stacks of Herbs/Ores

If you want have some other class included PM me with your asskicking macros (up to 1023 characters per line of macro-code).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    2. SMcCloud

SMcCloud New Member

Been using this for a while, and it works awesome. Just wondering if there is a way for it to force/default be on on game startup. Let me know what I would need to change.

Thanks

Edit: actually looked through the code and it looks like on load default function it should load it. Doesn't seem to work for me, but i'll run it a bit more. It doesn't want to run the macros you have setup for me.

Currently fixed it by putting /sgbm on into one of my gb buff macros.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
    3. strix

strix New Member

you can try putting SGBM_SetDefault() at last line, currently its located just below block of CreateFrames, but it shouldn't matter and for me working perfectly.

4. Sturgess04

Sturgess04 New Member

shortly after downloading the addon from this page and running it account was hacked shortly after, all i got to say is gg hope you die in a horrible fire while drowning

that referencing to the person who got the account details :p

5. strix

strix New Member

Nice try, but really anyone can verify whats inside addon, its notepad editable code.
      Also only function in WoW Api retrieving information about account is GetAccountExpansionLevel() :p

6. Sturgess04

Sturgess04 New Member

well this is one of the only thing i have downloaded other than the profiles and from this site and i got hack shortly after so forgive my supsion maybe it was a dodgy profile. i should have checked out the coding before saying about that as i just read through all the coding and nothing is wrong with it... programming in uni has come to use in the real world woot woot lol

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    7. Dylon27

Dylon27 New Member

What macro do I need to make for the ore to be prospected by itself? I key bound to 0 currently the macro says /sgbm Propsecting
      /use Elementium Ore and it says 470 on the key bind because that's how many ore I currently have. But when I press the keybind why won't it do anything?