• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Test Releases - new procedure for Demonbuddy

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bossland, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bossland

bossland Administrator

Greetings all, and sorry for the last nights build.

Because of the shit storm, i got aware of the situation with test releases we have.

We will present you here TEST RELEASES, which will be tested for at least 24 hours. This releases either introduce new features or fix bugs.

If we see no errors appearing from your testing, we will do a Final Release in the release section.

I do hope that we will get 50 - 100 people willing to test upcoming releases here, so we distribute only the best versions.

In few weeks we will see how it works out.

cdmichaelb likes this.
    2. Polyester

Polyester New Member

in addition is there any chance youll allow previous versions to be downloaded?

3. kasia

kasia Banned

Why you closing this testing for only 50-100 people ? release it for all but with BETA label, because now all are betatesters

4. bossland

bossland Administrator

We will be releasing it for all, but i do not expect all people to download it and test it, it will be only few.

5. bossland

bossland Administrator

just do not overwrite the old DB folder, make a new folder for the new beta test, or any other release you want to test out first

6. mullerhun

mullerhun Member

this will make db so much better! good call!

7. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG Member

also please add paragon EXP gain speed

8. Moley

Moley New Member

Thanks for the transparency, I for one support our new beta overlords and will be happy to test builds and provide worthwhile feedback.

9. motsmots

motsmots Member

Maybe listen to people in Developement subforum and generally listen to player base insted of what seems like randomly developement.

10. ksmaze

ksmaze Member

thx!
      I'd like to test and response. though i may not test it any more if a fatal bug in it.

11. Gardettos

Gardettos New Member

How do I get to be part of these test releases? I am the one currently writing the majority of the Champion Hunting profiles. I am spending at least 4 hours a day debugging and testing these profiles. I probably have a better idea of what works and doesn't work then the majority of the people. But honestly I need some help. I have spent an easy 50+ hours trying to get random dungeons to work reliably. But I have reached a point where I can not do any more without help.

If an exit/object is not found the bot just switched to Fully Explored. So I can't reliably tell the bot to use the exit if the exit is not always there. I can't use IfActorExists on random dungeons without knowing the xyz. I need the ability to check if a certain actor is in a certain range. Now I posted on the forums for help but got no response. Giles though helped me create a tag to do exactly like I want. So if I search till UntilExit and it wasn't actually found. I can look if the ActorExists in the range. If it does I use the exit. If it doesn't I can start a Explore search with lower parameters till it actually finds it.

This creates problems though. First, this means all future users of my profiles will be forced to use Giles Trinity. As much as I personally love Trinity I don't want to leave out all Belph users. But I got to take help were I can. This brings me to my second problem. Apparently I don't know the proper usage of a lot of the profile commands. When ever I used a command such as useobject or moveto. I went by the bottom of DB log of what potential commands I could use with them. I also went by their spelling. Something that seems small has big impact. It it is spelled Interactrange on the bottom but in reality that spelling does nothing and is just ignored. Has to be interactRange. It has come to my attention that I really don't even know what boxtolerance means and how it works.

The lack of documentation is so bad. I would ask for help but who would actually help me?

12. JustAFarmer

JustAFarmer New Member

Yo! DB Team listen to the dawg above, he knows what he's talking and most of us should be verrry gratefull for the beautiful A3 profile, he's maintaining.
      Please consider him as a good source for troubleshooting/providing ideas/fixing DB. He's not the only one who's capable there are many more others. Take a look at the Developement section ;).

Support!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    13. cdmichaelb

cdmichaelb New Member

Always willing to test. ;)

14. DDaems

DDaems New Member

i'll test too

15. vid-jey

vid-jey New Member

16. Complexity

Complexity New Member

Is this what giles pushed for?

This should have been talked about awhile ago. Unlike freeware all of us here paid for a service. We didn't pay to be beta testers (like diablo... they still balancing and we all hate them). This is a good idea. Happy you developers saw reason perhaps next time it won't take drama to have a change like this.

17. psivnert

psivnert New Member

I cant see 1 single reason for devs to spend time on making and xp/h plugin when it takes U guys 1 sec to write down ur xp and 1 hour later take another note, go to calculator and do som maths. Time to spend for this, maximum 20 sec.... imo it would be better if they introduced an agelimit on the forums for less whining and mad kids, that would make alot of people happy :)
      And there would be ALOT less "trash-threads"

18. vid-jey

vid-jey New Member

OK, why do you need a bot, do everything by hand
      What about my age - I am sure I am older
      About time - for programmers is exactly 1 minute.
      Therefore, I have to spend 20 minutes each time?
      Programmers simply turn off the display of the experience after 60 levels - including the matter of one minute.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    19. psivnert

psivnert New Member

I dont need a bot im just tired of this game. Imo its a crappy game with nothing else to do than mf...and its one if the worst awarding game I have ever played. So if I dont play I might aswell make some money before I get banned. Knowing how much xp I get gives me about 0 dollars/h ;) For me its better if the devs make the bot do more dollars/h and keep making the bot better on that because that is what the great mass is using it for....

20. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG Member

stop using bot and do everything with your hand

we really need XP/Hour