• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Updated Profiles 6/3

Discussion in 'Archives' started by alexlaw, Jun 3, 2014.

1. alexlaw

alexlaw New Member

Good Afternoon,

I'm currently working on making revamped maps for all existing maps. Please Use the below link to obtain the latest pack. I'll be making a revision 3 as I am getting help from our core devs on pathing. Please check it out and put your input in the following posts. To remove flooding of this thread please edit previous posts to bypass clutter. CONSTRUCTIVE Feedback welcome. I can't help you if you don't give me enough to work off of.

Current Version: 2.0
      WoT Build: 9.0

Mapped with: Type 59
      Tested with: Medium, Heavy Tanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzx8nbzjs424v2x/Profiles.7z

This includes all maps that are available (40), I tested them only in standard mode as I only plotted them for encounter mode. It for the most part will avoid large gradient hills for slower tanks.

Remember to go into the REV2 file for the proper profiles. DO NOT use the ones in the root folder.

Profile Issues:
      team 1 on 60_asia_miao (revise)(nav issue)
      team 2 on 07_lakeville (revise)(complete path dismissal)
      team 1 on 38_mannerheim_line (stalls)(fell in lake in the middle)
      team 2 on 08_ruinberg (revise) (nav issue)
      team 1 on 08_ruinberg (revise) (nav issue)
      team 1 on 84_winter (revise) (no choke point)
      team 2 on 45_north_america (nav doesnt cross water)(nav sent tank to middle bridge, fell off middle bridge, died)
      team 2 on 31_airfield (revise)(nav issue)
      team 2 on 47_canada_a (revise, circling start)(bad nav pathing)78
      team 2 on 44_north_america (revise) (nav issue) (can't cross water)
      team 2 on 17_munchen (completely broken) (nav issue)
      team 2 on 14_siegfried_line (clean)
      39_crimea clean

***This is an ongoing project that is solely reliant on the cooperation of developers involving meshs. If I don't have a mesh I can't provide optimal routes***

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
      Holster99 likes this.
    2. ravenv12

ravenv12 New Member

encounter mode, why not use standard battle?

3. alexlaw

alexlaw New Member

Sorry they were built for standard.

Editing first post to reflect change

4. ravenv12

ravenv12 New Member

They seem to work really good. for standard.. Except I noticed a couple the maps have a few glitches.. Sometimes my tank will just go and hiding somewhere.. And not move.. Keep up the good work

5. alexlaw

alexlaw New Member

I'll be working on revision 3 as soon as I get the navigation plots.

If anyone find any particular map that causing an issue, if you put the log in verbose mode, it will list the map at the beginning of the match. I would need the map name and the team. That way I can run it and attempt to fix.

6. ravenv12

ravenv12 New Member

I would have gave you the map name. But I've been really busy.. I usually watch the game . And TV in the same time .. But if I see again I will let you know the name of the map

7. flairdevil

flairdevil Community Developer

Testing, I'll post any crisis I find in them. It's great that someone is taking control of this! Put up a donate button!

EDIT:
      Also, what about a SVN repository like Kick does for his profiles? It makes it SUPER EASY to keep the pack updated and revised, and it allows the end users (us) a very efficient way to always make sure we have the most current updated profiles! If you need any help with that portion or want me to set it up, let me know and I would be happy to assist you with it, or, you make them, I will keep them current in the SVN, or vice versa... =D

TortoiseSVN - Home is the most popular client afaik... And it is really easy to keep updated as I mentioned. I am on a 75Mb/s pipe, so I could host them locally and go from there - as you revise, I'll update the master pack, then update the SVN then all your new "friends" can immediately update their copies via tortoisesvn. Cool idea huh?

Thus far I only ran into one single moment of sillyness, on Himmelsdork, Team 2, it ran into the wall over and over, potentially a pathing issue, not related to hotspots though, so I will keep an eye on it and see if it was a one-off.

June 6th Edit:
      Observations:

Team 2 on 15_Komarin: Shortcuts across the stream @ A9 after turning South. Misses bridge basically and cannonballs into the water. Cannot make it up Southeastern Bank and sits there stuck. If it were to try to cross the same 2 wpt connections from the team1 side it would most likely make it across as the bank is not as steep. Observed with a T-29 with stock engine.

Also, 29_Ruinberg on Fire, North Spawn, gets stuck @ D/E0 in the buildings. Avoid. I think you have this one listed already. I missed which team it was. Assuming Team1 is North Spawn?

~Flair

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    8. alexlaw

alexlaw New Member

Sorry it took so long to get back, there are major issues with Ruinberg and I will remake it sometime today, along with the above mentioned maps, there appears to be alot of issues concerning water and the mesh so I will need to hammer out the details. I'm still waiting on the mesh screenshots so I can revise the maps I requested. Beyond that thanks for the feedback and I will work on them as soon as I can.

Also I have only messed with svn on the client side, I recall using the svn updater for kicks profiles and I got as far as getting installed and the directory made, I don't know about hosting though, googlecode can do it but I need to do more research

9. landofnod

landofnod New Member

Thanks for these profiles

little test, and hour with & without.

results
      with profiles - played 15 rounds / hr = 71645 cred = (4776 cred/round)

standard - played 44 rounds / hr = 152006 cred = (3455 cred/round)

So with your setting it will play less rounds in total earning less credits than the standard settings per hour, but will earn more credit per round. Your profiles are better in that I will be less likely to wind up in the "hall of bots" since it will play a lot less games. If you only run the bot for a little while some may like the standard/vanilla bot better, but your profiles work best for me. So keep up the good work :)

10. alexlaw

alexlaw New Member

This is incredibly useful. My profiles don't immediately hit the battle which is probably why there is less games. I'm still waiting on the meshs and have PMed directly to try to get them. So far no luck...rev 3 will be on hold until I can get those.

11. 13ethr33

13ethr33 New Member

12. alexlaw

alexlaw New Member

Definitely useful and thank you for your help. I'll keep compiling pathing fixes until the mesh arrives.

13. aslanhasan811

aslanhasan811 New Member

Updated Profiles new

14. alexlaw

alexlaw New Member

I'm assuming you are asking for an update. Please refer to my previous posts as the holdup for new profiles is the inability to determine where mesh borderlines are. I am currently awaiting the mesh profiles so I can adequately make an appropriate profile without it getting stuck in places where the mesh isn't at. I would otherwise be flying blind and essentially make no improvements to the current profiles.

15. aslanhasan811

aslanhasan811 New Member

How do I Profiles
      tank hunter

16. alexlaw

alexlaw New Member

17. fqw5027806

fqw5027806 New Member

Please tell me how to download, use SVN? China seems to download

18. alexlaw

alexlaw New Member

Are you saying china cant access dropbox?

19. fqw5027806

fqw5027806 New Member

China cannot download, but I have to find a solution, with some agents can download

20. lullabit

lullabit New Member

The problem I have with this profiles is that my tank stays too much time at the base. It's driving around in circles and only after a long time it starts going forward and attack enemy base. Is that how it's supposed to be? Thank you a lot for the reply.